Midnight MTB

DangerDirtyD

iMTB Hooligan
Ride Name: Midnight MTB
When: Friday or Saturday nights
Time: 11pm
Where: Between Golden Eagle and Palm Canyon and Wrightwood and San Juan
Ride Description or Details:
Variable. It could be XC or DH or anything in between. I'm flexible on locale but not on time.
~~~~~ Optional Details ~~~~~
Meet Location: Depends where we ride.
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced, Storm Trooper
Ride Pace: Social Cruise, Easy with Moments of Effort, Moderate Pace, Fast Pace
Type of Ride: Out and Back, Loop, Point A to B, Point A to B Shuttle, Shuttle, Lolipop
Rider Limit: Everyone is invited
Anticipated Mileage: Depends on what the group decides
Elevation Gain: Depends on what the group decides
Ride Duration: 2.5 to 8 hours (depends on what the group decides)
Previous Ride Reports: There are a few sprinkled in the Ride Report thread on various rides. Just ask.
Possible Bail-Outs: Depends on where we ride. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Facilities: Depends on where we ride. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Food/water suggestions: Eat food and drink water.
Option to Upload:

Loose Pinos.jpg

"Hey Bro, ya wanna party this Friday night at Bonelli? I wanna see about a bear drinking from my Cuppies."

"Hell Ya! Though I hear he's crazy. Are you sure you wanna go out there alone?"

"I thought you were riding too..?"

"I am; what time?"

"11pm."

"You're crazy."

"Yea, well, you're sleepy."

"So are you."

"Touché, but alas here we are, and Tuesday was a slow day online."

"Where? Who? What?"

"Bonelli; you and me; uninterest."

"That's it?"

"Standby..."

Apparently, the stars have aligned and there will be one of these midnight-ish rides happening this coming weekend. Friday night into Saturday morning... It will most likely be the "standard" front range affair. Up Lower Sam Merrill, which is an absolute treat in the dark. The cliffs are practically invisible. :thumbsup: :whistling: We will have a sight seeing tour out to Inspiration Point before heading down Middle Merrill, Sunset, and possibly El Prieto.

Between 3500 and 4000 feet of uphill, 2000 feet of which will be complete by the end of mile 4.

There could be French toast afterwards...

*Disclaimer- If you've only ever ridden the Floop, this is not the ride to introduce yourself to the San Gabes.

Apparently, the stars have aligned and there will be one of these midnight-ish rides happening this coming weekend. Friday night into Saturday morning... It will most likely be the "standard" front range affair. Up Lower Sam Merrill, which is an absolute treat in the dark. The cliffs are practically invisible. :thumbsup: :whistling: We will have a sight seeing tour out to Inspiration Point before heading down Middle Merrill, Sunset, and possibly El Prieto.

Between 3500 and 4000 feet of uphill, 2000 feet of which will be complete by the end of mile 4.

There could be French toast afterwards...

*Disclaimer- If you've only ever ridden the Floop, this is not the ride to introduce yourself to the San Gabes.
I still have no idea what the Gabrielino Trail looks like on either side.

It looks like this is still on... Threesome at this point.

The route will probably be a standard climb to Inspiration Point (7.4/3200) followed by a descent of Middle Merrill, Sunset, and either the Horsey Trail or El Prieto with a French Toast finish.
Can I be the isosceles? If GH confirms, you guys can mash up to Markham and to a quick Upper Merrill loop until I reach Inspiration Point.

Back