I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Found a hitch for our X5 at the local LKQ yesterday, and installed it this morning:

53552367944_180b6b528f_b.jpg

53552226833_0f973381d3_b.jpg

I then drove out to LA to buy a bike rack, but seller and I couldn't quite connect. Ended up driving out for nothing which was a bummer and screwed up my afternoon ride!

It was a good try.

Last edited:
Do you legends really drink that much beer in one sitting?
I'd say they were just getting warmed up! But us antipodean folk consider drinking a sport.

Take for example David Boon (Legendary Aussie cricket player), he managed to consume 52 beers (cans) on a flight from Australia to London in 1989. The fact he did it whilst drinking the absolute swill that is VB :sick: is beyond belief!

I'd say they were just getting warmed up! But us antipodean folk consider drinking a sport.

Take for example David Boon (Legendary Aussie cricket player), he managed to consume 52 beers (cans) on a flight from Australia to London in 1989. The fact he did it whilst drinking the absolute swill that is VB :sick: is beyond belief!

But that is one LONG flight. So there's that.

But that is one LONG flight. So there's that.
Ignoring the stopover it still works out to more than 2 beers an hour for 23 hours straight.

I've been on some heroic benders in my time. One that comes to mind started with a dance festival in London on a Saturday afternoon and ended in Hiroshima on a Tuesday. Still didn't even come close to those sort of stats.

I had plans to meet my buddy at JPL for a ride. My alarm went off at 7 and as I got up I heard the rain start pouring down.
I ended up going to Burbank to take my friends’ pup for a walk- because we’ve been dog sitting the cute little guy. We walked over to Let’s Ride (the shop that runs the LA Tourist race.) As we were leaving the bike shop we walked by the model trail store next door and I decided that when I’m at a place in my life where I can’t ride a bike on my own I’m going to take up model train-ing. Seems like a fun, dignified way to bow out. And, I love the idea of building tiny, whimsical landscapes.

Good call it poured here too. Grandsons game got rained out. Next time you are out this way Fallbrook there is a front yard a guy who loves trains has built. It is amazing to see what he has built.

I had plans to meet my buddy at JPL for a ride. My alarm went off at 7 and as I got up I heard the rain start pouring down.
I ended up going to Burbank to take my friends’ pup for a walk- because we’ve been dog sitting the cute little guy. We walked over to Let’s Ride (the shop that runs the LA Tourist race.) As we were leaving the bike shop we walked by the model trail store next door and I decided that when I’m at a place in my life where I can’t ride a bike on my own I’m going to take up model train-ing. Seems like a fun, dignified way to bow out. And, I love the idea of building tiny, whimsical landscapes.

I’m going to take up model train-ing. Seems like a fun, dignified way to bow out. And, I love the idea of building tiny, whimsical landscapes.

The previous owner of our house was into model trains. There was a 60' x 25' area outside that had bridges (some made of wood), waterfalls, a pond, and who knows what else. I can't find any pictures of it, but some of the tracks and such were still there when we bought the place.
I also have a friend that made a real steam engine that you could ride on. I think I posted pictures of it here a few years ago.

The plan was to hit 007 today, but the spousal unit wants to do a lumber run this morning so I can finish the window replacement in her shop, at the top of the wall.
1 window installed. The smallest.
1 framing completed, ready for install.
1 requires framing. The tape shows the size of the new window.
After window install I will have to put up the T1-11 siding on the outside and prime.
The wife does the actual window install, I do everything else.

Inside looking out
20240507_063741.jpg

Outside
20240507_063858.jpg

This is what is waiting for us at the end of the day.
20240507_063911.jpg

Back