I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Voodoo Tom

MTB Addict
For the life of me I couldn't find the "I didn't ride my bike today " thread so I'm posting here instead. Thought about riding this morning but decided to go on a family hike instead. Went over to the Placerita nature per my 9 year old sons recommendation. Took me all of about 2 seconds being on the trails to start daydreaming about riding my bicycle and for some reason my family thinks I'm obsessed with my bike...
IMG_2866.jpg

While hiking with the family I realized that I was kind of enjoying myself and I think Rusty had a good time also...

IMG_2859.jpg

Inspired by Voodoo Tom, this thread is the lesser desired post option for reasons you did NOT ride your bike.

Reasons can range from legit to lame.

I did NOT ride my bike both Friday and Saturday as I had stoopid Backhoe jobs that got in the way all day. So in essence, I rode my Tractor and not my bike. Yes...... I am ashamed...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not ride today...but I watched the best in the world race DH! :thumbsup: :geek: I then tended to domestic chores to build up the family tolerance meter for my next ride - tomorrow! ;)

Oh - and yes the SW swell is PUMPING. I saw lines to the horizon while driving past San-O this afternoon. AND the water temp is mid 70s - on a holiday weekend - a lifeguard's worst nightmare. Unfortunately for me, big surf is a little over my head (double entendre intended).

For the life of me I couldn't find the "I didn't ride my bike today " thread so I'm posting here instead. Thought about riding this morning but decided to go on a family hike instead. Went over to the Placerita nature per my 9 year old sons recommendation. Took me all of about 2 seconds being on the trails to start daydreaming about riding my bicycle and for some reason my family thinks I'm obsessed with my bike...

Good on ya, pops, for taking the pack out for an adventure.

Live in the moment. When you're on a ride, ride. When you're on a hike, hike. When you're on a date with Missus Voodoo, be on a date with Missus Voodoo.

Sexy lady details your car,
buys you drinks,
buys you dinner,
lets you spend the evening on your smartphone.

Dude. You're screwed. What do you think it is?
She found a cute pair of Gianvito Rossi boots?
Needs a new Louis Vuitton handbag?
A big sparkly diamond caught her eye?
Pregnant?
It's the mailman's?
Whatever it is, good luck.

Sexy lady details your car,
buys you drinks,
buys you dinner,
lets you spend the evening on your smartphone.

Dude. You're screwed. What do you think it is?
She found a cute pair of Gianvito Rossi boots?
Needs a new Louis Vuitton handbag?
A big sparkly diamond caught her eye?
Pregnant?
It's the mailman's?
Whatever it is, good luck.
And it's not even my birthday.....yet! She is a fellow MTBer and the love of my life!

Because is a little bit hot here in the circle city... but the emergency broadcast sent me a text about a flash flood right now... and its cloudy outside...
8ed68fbef304744b03806e1907585b8a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Dan.
Y'wanna know a secret about sealed bearings? The seals are there to keep dirt out, not to keep lubrication in. A little lube leaks out, some dirt gets in, and if you run them in water, you'll end up with corrosion. If you have the bearings out and don't want to replace them, at least repack them. Most of the time you can pop off the seal pretty easily. Most of the time it's just a piece of plastic coated steel. Gently stick the end of an X-acto knife under the outer edge of the seal, and pry it off. Approach it as you would if you were doing surgery without anesthetic. Clean it up, repack with whatever grease you like, and snap the seal back into place. You'll extend the life of the bearing substantially.

Hey, Dan.
Y'wanna know a secret about sealed bearings? The seals are there to keep dirt out, not to keep lubrication in. A little lube leaks out, some dirt gets in, and if you run them in water, you'll end up with corrosion. If you have the bearings out and don't want to replace them, at least repack them. Most of the time you can pop off the seal pretty easily. Most of the time it's just a piece of plastic coated steel. Gently stick the end of an X-acto knife under the outer edge of the seal, and pry it off. Approach it as you would if you were doing surgery without anesthetic. Clean it up, repack with whatever grease you like, and snap the seal back into place. You'll extend the life of the bearing substantially.

Thanks Rob S. but I just ordered new bearing and will replace them. The new ones will be here tomorrow in time for the weekend. Thanks for the advice though.

Back