I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Cuzz it was parents vs kids in water polo today. This may be a hint as to who is the better water polo player in the family...
View attachment 79526

Holy hell is that a tough game! I've never played before. I am not a good swimmer. When I paddle my surfboard, I don't kick, I just lie down and use my arms. That doesn't work in the pool! Ten minutes (running time) of either swimming or treading water (egg beater style) is brutal. I have new respect for my 11 yo who often has to play two games back to back with no subs - 6 min quarters with time stoppage and shot clock - no rest when the clock is stopped unless it's a full time out. RESPECT!

Water polo is a tough game, my high school in PV had a pool on campus and my buddy was on the team, and we'd jump in after XC practice sometimes and get our a** handed to us. Its know where as easy as it looks.

Today would have been a good day for fenders. I didn’t want to be caught out in a downpour 25 miles from home, so I just walked over to Irvine Park and got caught in a downpour 3 miles from home on foot…but I did encounter Tim Panttaja rocking his classic Switchback jersey, which was a cool blast from the past.

... because my bike is in the shop. Fork & shock rebuild and hopefully fix the low speed compression knob on my fork. Fix a broken spoke, true the wheel, full brake bleed & service and whatever else they find ... because they always find something. :laugh:

Quoting my own post ... I dropped it off Thursday at BikeCo. They were closed Friday through Sunday and the bike was ready end of day Monday. I was expecting 2-3 weeks.

No add on's, other than they told me my rear axle was shot. Intense was sold out, so I jumped on the highly rated Robert Axle Project. Lighter rear axle and my first DHR II? I will be faster than ever. Bring your Stravas.

Last edited:
Quoting my own post ... I dropped it off Thursday at BikeCo. They were closed Friday through Sunday and the bike was ready end of day Monday. I was expecting 2-3 weeks.

No add on's, other than they told me my rear axle was shot. Intense was sold out, so I jumped on the highly rated Robert Axle Project. Lighter rear axle and my first DHR II? I will be faster than ever. Bring your Stravas.
Holy hell - a lighter rear axle? :eek: . Dammit. There goes any chance I ever had of catching you up or down! :facepalm:

Guilty on both counts. But I have other obsessions that I am equally inept at... I'll Strava my ski/snowboard runs for ya.

Fair enough. It only took me 6 years of riding to finally take out J on Barham Ridge (27.5 FTW). I probably do not have 6 years of snow sports left in me at my age ..

... perhaps.

upload_2021-12-28_22-45-7.png

Well cuzz my flex seal roof leak fix a few days ago worked but didn't work and apparently it just moved the leak from one spot to several others.:thumbsdown: A trip to Home Depot for a giant 40 x 60 tarp and a bunch of rope and bricks and sandbags at 5:00 pm was in order. So I'm out there in the pouring down rain wrestling with this big ass tarp looking like a monkey f@cking a football and Nicholas was learning a new vocabulary as I was making up foul words at this point. My neighbor across the street saw what was going on and jumped right in to help and was a total lifesaver. This was a total shock as everything I've ever seen him work on takes forever and never gets finished but he damn sure knew what to do in a hurry tonight and I owe him big time. No more leaks for now and I'm too drunk to care if it does start leaking again...:confused:

Well cuzz my flex seal roof leak fix a few days ago worked but didn't work and apparently it just moved the leak from one spot to several others.:thumbsdown: A trip to Home Depot for a giant 40 x 60 tarp and a bunch of rope and bricks and sandbags at 5:00 pm was in order. So I'm out there in the pouring down rain wrestling with this big ass tarp looking like a monkey f@cking a football and Nicholas was learning a new vocabulary as I was making up foul words at this point. My neighbor across the street saw what was going on and jumped right in to help and was a total lifesaver. This was a total shock as everything I've ever seen him work on takes forever and never gets finished but he damn sure knew what to do in a hurry tonight and I owe him big time. No more leaks for now and I'm too drunk to care if it does start leaking again...:confused:
Epic! Good work. You earned the beer. :thumbsup:

That sucks, but I can relate... We were under the blue tarps for close to 4 months. No cold beer or any refrigeration for the first month... :laugh: We eventually gave up trying to find supplies. My wife's brother in NY loaded up a van with windows, doors, shingles, nails, lumber, etc... As all building permits were suspended for a year, it all came in handy.

One of the more interesting roof covers I saw... Never did learn the story, but I'm pretty sure this one ended up condemned. There was a screen room there before the storm...

charley 116.jpeg

Cuzz... Shipping documents were delivered with no bicycle. Somewhere between Jaya Abadi Cargo, Indonesia and DHL the 70-lb wooden crate containing my bike disappeared. Fukking thieves. Let's see what the shop says. Fuk me running, what a PITA.

Back