I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Was in Lake Havasu for a wedding and I had a big plan to ride at the Monolith Gardens yesterday in Kingman but a drunk driver hit my sons parked car at around 8 pm and made it not drivable. The drunk driver left in handcuffs. On the bright side it was a beautiful wedding of a young couple who no doubt will share many years together.

Work related.
Hot and humid Cancun last week.
9707299B-7940-4989-93DC-E0C76329C367.jpeg

Straight to cold and chilly New York this week.
E6532290-A326-42F9-9254-63CB698EE661.jpeg

I’ve had people bring bikes in that had tires that looked like that. We sold them new tires. They didn’t want to pay the ship labor to remove the goat heads.

Pre-tubeless era I had to throw away tires that were similarly encrusted. One of the few times I had to call for an evac. One of my problems with tubeless is that when I need to run a tube, there are so many broken off points that are penetrating the tire, there is a pretty good chance I'll miss one and it will puncture the tube I just put in. Which is now covered in latex and won't hold a patch. I hate goatheads with a passion!

I walked my water tank hill this evening. I normally ride it when everything is wet. I have not gone up in a few years. Pretty good climb 300' in about 1/2 mile. I did not break out the bike because everything is dry, I rode yesterday and I have not worked myself up to riding everyday as yet, soon. Bad news: my old loop trail that rings that hill is abandoned. I don't ride that water tank unless it is wet so others have let us down by not keeping the trail open. To me it is a famous loop, they filmed Spartacus from that trail oh so many years ago. This too shall pass.
Happy trails into the past.

Cuzz it was parents vs kids in water polo today. This may be a hint as to who is the better water polo player in the family...
Ruby Dunks Dad.jpg

Holy hell is that a tough game! I've never played before. I am not a good swimmer. When I paddle my surfboard, I don't kick, I just lie down and use my arms. That doesn't work in the pool! Ten minutes (running time) of either swimming or treading water (egg beater style) is brutal. I have new respect for my 11 yo who often has to play two games back to back with no subs - 6 min quarters with time stoppage and shot clock - no rest when the clock is stopped unless it's a full time out. RESPECT!

Last edited:
Friday midnight hands and feet felt like they'd been soaked in ice. Sat morning, full blown symptoms - shivering chills, sweaty fever, muscle and joint pain, headache, coughing, runny nose. Temp bouncing from 95.6 - 99.8 in 2 hours. Couldn't find a pharmacy nearby with a covid quick test. Went to Rite Aid drive through yesterday noon. 2-5 days for results. Given I am still in recovery from the other shite, I would prefer the flu. Oh boy.

Friday midnight hands and feet felt like they'd been soaked in ice. Sat morning, full blown symptoms - shivering chills, sweaty fever, muscle and joint pain, headache, coughing, runny nose. Temp bouncing from 95.6 - 99.8 in 2 hours. Couldn't find a pharmacy nearby with a covid quick test. Went to Rite Aid drive through yesterday noon. 2-5 days for results. Given I am still in recovery from the other shite, I would prefer the flu. Oh boy.
No like! :thumbsdown::stop: Here's to getting on top of everything. Stay strong.

:(

Ahhhh crap...

Hang tough @blixet!

Cuzz it was parents vs kids in water polo today. This may be a hint as to who is the better water polo player in the family...
View attachment 79526

Holy hell is that a tough game! I've never played before. I am not a good swimmer. When I paddle my surfboard, I don't kick, I just lie down and use my arms. That doesn't work in the pool! Ten minutes (running time) of either swimming or treading water (egg beater style) is brutal. I have new respect for my 11 yo who often has to play two games back to back with no subs - 6 min quarters with time stoppage and shot clock - no rest when the clock is stopped unless it's a full time out. RESPECT!

Swimming is not a sport….swimming is a way to keep from drowning.

Hang in there...

Still have... THE FLU. And it seems to be pretty mild. Got negative covid test result with this morning's email. Haven't had a cold or flu for at least 20 yrs. Never vaccinated for flu. Figured 25 yrs of exposure to kids in the class got me conditioned well. Never missed a day of work for illness either. Got my Koobi saddle yesterday so maybe today I'll mount it on the hardtail. Hopefully when I am fully recovered in a few days after the rain I'll get to check it out.

Last edited:
Still have... THE FLU. And it seems to be pretty mild. Got negative covid test result with this mornings email. Haven't had a cold or flu for at least 20 yrs. Never vaccinated for flu. Figured 25 yrs of exposure to kids in the class got me conditioned well. Never missed a day of work for illness either. Got my Koobi saddle yesterday so maybe today I'll mount it on the hardtail. Hopefully when I am fully recovered in a few days after the rain I'll get to check it out.

I like good news with my morning coffee... :thumbsup:

Back