Tasco Gloves

@horsebikerider , what are some of the features of this vest (https://www.tasco-mtb.com/pages/8-days-of-awesome) that would be useful for a night ride in the chilly willys? Also, if @mtnbikej were to buy one, what size would he get?

I believe it is competitively priced against other vests of similar style/materials. Although I don't need one, it would be nice to have a light, packable layer to put on at the top of a mountain to protect against the wind hitting my sweaty chest and belly. It's funny how cold a layer of fat could get when there is little to no muscle or blood circulation in that area!

@horsebikerider , what are some of the features of this vest (https://www.tasco-mtb.com/pages/8-days-of-awesome) that would be useful for a night ride in the chilly willys? Also, if @mtnbikej were to buy one, what size would he get?

I believe it is competitively priced against other vests of similar style/materials. Although I don't need one, it would be nice to have a light, packable layer to put on at the top of a mountain to protect against the wind hitting my sweaty chest and belly. It's funny how cold a layer of fat could get when there is little to no muscle or blood circulation in that area!
Please email me at suzanne@tascomtb.com @DangerDirtyD . I would be happy to provide more details for you in a non-public forum as I do not want to take advantage of the convenience of this board. Thanks!

I know this is about gloves... But the socks are A1 as well both summer and winter... I like the winter for tweener between summer and wollie bollie.

Anyone find that the socks run small? I got the L/XL for shoe size 10, and the heel is on the bottom of my heel and they overall feel quite small. I'm thinking/hoping that mine were just mislabeled, as I'd like to order more.

I'm way stoked on my Dawn Patrol gloves, so after ripping a nice hole in my Dakine gloves (and my hand) at Chilao a couple weeks ago I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Double Digits.

Anyone find that the socks run small? I got the L/XL for shoe size 10, and the heel is on the bottom of my heel and they overall feel quite small. I'm thinking/hoping that mine were just mislabeled, as I'd like to order more.

I'm way stoked on my Dawn Patrol gloves, so after ripping a nice hole in my Dakine gloves (and my hand) at Chilao a couple weeks ago I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Double Digits.

I have a couple pair of the L/XL Dawn Patrol wool socks, and they are snug, but my feet are a 12/13. I wear them quite often... :inlove:

All the socks have the size sewn into them. You should be able to tell if you got the right size.

At one point their sizing was funky. I have an older pair of Dawn Patrol socks and for my size 10, are SM/MD. I think the new socks are more true to size.

All the socks have the size sewn into them. You should be able to tell if you got the right size.

At one point their sizing was funky. I have an older pair of Dawn Patrol socks and for my size 10, are SM/MD. I think the new socks are more true to size.
Yeah, they're clearly labeled L/XL (10 - 12), but they're quite small on me at size 10. The heel pocket is pretty much entirely on the bottom of my foot, so was thinking the size might have been sewn incorrectly.

:thumbsup: FWIW, I didn't mean any of this to cry foul, or to get a solution. I've worn the socks, and just wondered about ordering more, if this was an anomaly, or if the fit just isn't right for me. But yeah, I'll see what they have to say.
Hmm I have 5 + pairs L/XL I have solid 11 foot.. fit fine.. must be an anomaly or something changed

:thumbsup: FWIW, I didn't mean any of this to cry foul, or to get a solution. I've worn the socks, and just wondered about ordering more, if this was an anomaly, or if the fit just isn't right for me. But yeah, I'll see what they have to say.
Hi Matt, we haven't seen any issues with ill fitting socks. I think it is just an anomaly. Send an email to suzanne@tascomtb.com and I'll get a warranty replacement pair shipped out to you. :-)

Hi Matt, we haven't seen any issues with ill fitting socks. I think it is just an anomaly.
I ordered a few pair of L/XL and the socks that are sized 10-13 fit perfect. The socks sized 10-12 not so much. They're tough to get on and are rather tight. Looking at the current selection, most are sized 10-12. That counts me out as far as their socks go.

Realize this is a Tasco glove thread but I've had good luck with the TLD gloves.
And I just saw on Instagram that TLD Laguna is having their annual sale starting today (20% off select moto, MTB and casual wear). TLD website also has some sale merchandise.

Last edited:
Realize this is a Tasco glove thread but I've had good luck with the TLD gloves.
And I just saw on Instagram that TLD Laguna is having their annual sale starting today (20% off select moto, MTB and casual wear). TLD website also has some sale merchandise.
Good to know! (about the TLD sale). I like my TLD gloves, but the velcro closure wore out quickly. Yes, I still prefer a velcro closure. :oops:

Speaking of Velco Shmelcro...

Just ordered me a pair of these ...

Fantom Ultralite Gloves - Sage

Specifically interested in

• Fitted Infinity Cuff wrist enclosure for easy slip on and off with no Velcro

Ya know because there is nothing better than infinity..... `cept infinity + 1

FANTOM-SAGE-MAIN_400x.jpg

https://www.tasco-mtb.com/products/fantom-ultralight-cycling-gloves-black-sage

View attachment 74059

I have these... They are my favorite for days when I know I'm not going to be fighting with yucca plants. Those days I wear the Pathfinders... I still get stabbed, but at least I have a fighting chance.

View attachment 74059

I deleted these from my email because they looked like winter gloves. Guess I'll have to check them out.

I deleted these from my email because they looked like winter gloves. Guess I'll have to check them out.

I ordered a pair of fantom gloves, really thin and good for hot temps. Returned them because the cuff was too tight for my wrist. Felt like it cut off blood flow so I exchanged for pathfinder gloves.

Received the pathfinder gloves today, they fit great and aren't too tight. I'll try them in the next couple days, but think they'll be winners.

Also bought the fantom shorts... just like the scouts but very lightweight. Summer time here I come!

and @Faust29 Did you size up for the Path Finders... I had to for the Dawn Patrol

Medium Double Digit but Dawn Patrol a little thinker so Large is better.

Are the path finders a little thicker / snugger fit?

perhaps @horsebikerider any insight... I am right on edge of Med / Large

For the Double Diguts I like a Medium as they wear in the fit nice do you recommend size up for Path Finders?

I have the pathfinder and the dawn patrol. Experience with the pathfinder is just trying then on, but find them just a slight bit snugger than the dawn patrol. and they fit great.

This is in a medium. Both fit me well.

and @Faust29 Did you size up for the Path Finders... I had to for the Dawn Patrol

Medium Double Digit but Dawn Patrol a little thinker so Large is better.

Are the path finders a little thicker / snugger fit?

perhaps @horsebikerider any insight... I am right on edge of Med / Large

For the Double Diguts I like a Medium as they wear in the fit nice do you recommend size up for Path Finders?

Horsebikerider is no longer at Tasco. :gotnothing:

Back