New Bike Day!

Look what I bought for Cyber Monday, great price over at Fullerton Bikes, Mike called me Monday to let me know your bike is here and ready for pick up, 2024 Hightower C/ S-kit. Ocean blue is the color and its gorgeous in person:inlove:
really digging the new color,
View attachment 91603
Santa Cruz seems to be one of the few remaining manufacturers who puts their brand name on the side of the down tube. I don't like the stealth trend. I like to know what kind of bike I'm looking at. I don't know why, but I do.

OK - Transition and Pivot still do too.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful color...SC has been going out of their way the past 10 years to choose some of the ugliest color combos in the bike industry IMO. I wish they had the Bronson or Nomad in this color....or maybe I don't as my bank account may be missing some funds.

I'm one of the people that just a few weeks ago bought one of the Nomad's in the "ugliest color combos in the bike industry". If you'd have asked me to chose a color for my bike out of the crayola box, it wouldn't be this one... however now that it's built up, it's weird and I love it. Trutfully, I'd rather have my nomad be the same color as @Fueledbyex8 cause that bike is gorgeous... but hey, the Nomad is all about a bike that doesn't take itself too seriously, and this weird color combo seems to fit. I'm actually having the fork lowers painted in the same garish color as the Santacruz logo's for extra ugly points.
2iwcawc.jpg

I'm one of the people that just a few weeks ago bought one of the Nomad's in the "ugliest color combos in the bike industry". If you'd have asked me to chose a color for my bike out of the crayola box, it wouldn't be this one... however now that it's built up, it's weird and I love it. Trutfully, I'd rather have my nomad be the same color as @Fueledbyex8 cause that bike is gorgeous... but hey, the Nomad is all about a bike that doesn't take itself too seriously, and this weird color combo seems to fit. I'm actually having the fork lowers painted in the same garish color as the Santacruz logo's for extra ugly points.
View attachment 91616

If you get enough dirt on it you can't tell what color it is anyway. :thumbsup:

View attachment 91616

LMAO! My bike is the same color!! o_O

Last edited:
View attachment 91616

That doesn't look bad at all. I like it. I'm more thinking about the green bikes with fuscia lettering....

View attachment 91616
If you ask me, that's a really nice color!

Give it a shot, it would look cool, I do dig the stealth look, and you know that is a Yeti!
I can identify unlabeled bikes if I stare at them long enough, but I can't really tell a Yeti from a Speshy from an Ibis from a YT from a Revel just glancing. I am not sure why that matters to me. It shouldn't. They are all great bikes, but for some reason, I just like to know at first glance.

[QUOTE="Ebruner, post: 299434, member: 764"
View attachment 91616
I saw this bike in person today, along with its owner. The orange is a little pastelier than it appears on screen. It did not match my fork.

Thanks for saying hi Eric! I hope your down and back on Stair Steps was joyous. I kept the rubber side down, so that's a win!

What fork is that @Ebruner?[/QUOTE]
Sh!t, how am I blanking on where stair steps is?
An I slowly fading out of the OC scene like that photo on back to the future?

taco loco is gone. The Albertson’s in CDM is a pavilions now. Is Toy Drum still around?

I saw this bike in person today, along with its owner. The orange is a little pastelier than it appears on screen. It did not match my fork.

Thanks for saying hi Eric! I hope your down and back on Stair Steps was joyous. I kept the rubber side down, so that's a win!

What fork is that @Ebruner?
Sh!t, how am I blanking on where stair steps is?
An I slowly fading out of the OC scene like that photo on back to the future?

taco loco is gone. The Albertson’s in CDM is a pavilions now. Is Toy Drum still around?[/QUOTE]

Looks like the "quote" feature isn't working correctly. Oh @Mikie!

@Sasquatch9billion ...
Toy Boat in CDM closed in 2013.
The Albertsons in CDM is not a Pavilions, I believe it's a Mother's Market.
The Albertsons in South Laguna became a Gelsons about 8 years ago.

Stair Steps is a key trail that drops from Aliso into Laguna Canyon, roughly across from the Willow parking lot for LCWP. You do know that LCWP has been open to mt bikes since about 2010, right? Here's an old photo of me pushing up Stairs. It's one of my favorite trails, when I'm on my game.
Pushing up Stairs 2015.JPG

Last edited:

What fork is that?

It was good seeing you out there Chris. The run down stairsteps was quite good. The brushing they've done in aliso finally allows me to ride some of my preferred lines and the top section leading up the waterfall is now primo. Glad you kept the rubber in the proper orientation. When I ran into you, I had already done a few laps and a trip up mathis. I ended up going down steps, up willow, down T/A, back up steps and down lynx. It was quite the long day when all was said and down but I just kept searching for more because I was having such a good time on the nomad.

Regarding fork, that's a 170mm zeb ultimate that has a vorsprung smashpot installed and some custom tuning on the charger 2.1 damper. It's a real treat of a fork and really helps the confidence while making bad life choices in laguna. I get my 11.6 back next week from push after they are done re-configuring it to this frame. Then it's just time to ride the bike and have fun!!!

2024 YT Jeffsy MK3 Core 2 (alloy)- custom build, size Medium in Ice Blue color.

First impressions:

Dang this bike is BIG! :eek: Certainly the burliest bike I've ever owned and I'm glad to say that because I am keeping the Izzo for most of my riding and if these two had felt similar, I would have been truly bummed. Oddly, I had forgotten what it feels like to ride an alloy frame so I noticed the compliance immediately. The Izzo is darn stiff but that also makes is super snappy. I bought the Jeffsy to PLOW and when I feel up to it, I'm pretty sure it will do just that. This is also the first bike I've owned with a Fox Float 36 fork (coming from Fox 32 and 34) and boy, is it solid. The rear shock is the Fox Float-X and it feels substantial. I finished my loops at the Park with a roll down a long span of stairs. While I know that the suspension needs to break in, I can say that the fork felt wonderful. The shock had feedback so I need to play with the rebound a little. Out of the box and built up in OEM spec, it weighed in at 35 pounds, 12 ounces. I swapped out the wheels, tires, handlebar, stem, and saddle and it dropped to 34 pounds even, which was my goal.

IMG_5287.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

First impressions:

Dang this bike is BIG! :eek: Certainly the burliest bike I've ever owned and I'm glad to say that because I am keeping the Izzo for most of my riding and if these two had felt similar, I would have been truly bummed. Oddly, I had forgotten what it feels like to ride an alloy frame so I noticed the compliance immediately. The Izzo is darn stiff but that also makes is super snappy. I bought the Jeffsy to PLOW and when I feel up to it, I'm pretty sure it will do just that. This is also the first bike I've owned with a Fox Float 36 fork (coming from Fox 32 and 34) and boy, is it solid. The rear shock is the Fox Float-X and it feels substantial. I finished my loops at the Park with a roll down a long span of stairs. While I know that the suspension needs to break in, I can say that the fork felt wonderful. The shock had feedback so I need to play with the rebound a little. Out of the box and built up in OEM spec, it weighed in at 35 pounds, 12 ounces. I swapped out the wheels, tires, handlebar, stem, and saddle and it dropped to 34 pounds even, which was my goal.

View attachment 91651

View attachment 91652

View attachment 91653
Awesome! Where'd you take it for the first ride?
You want to ride El P. with it for dawn patrol tomorrow?

First impressions:

View attachment 91651

View attachment 91652

View attachment 91653
Nice bike! Linkage looks like a Revel bike?

Back