I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Not today or this week. :(
In Oregon Monday and Tuesday, Washington state Wed and Thurs, San Francisco Friday. Then home Friday evening. So Saturday I'm looking forward to a nice ride.

Damn...works getting in the way of Mtb play. Where are my priorities!

On the plus side, Waygu filet at Mortons last night on the companies dime :inlove:

Last edited:
I've been off the bikes and weights for 10+ days due to my back going out last week and pinched nerves in my neck that started in November. I thought the pinched nerves were just part of a triggered rhomboid(that I get a few times a year) because the pain was there and not in my neck, so I wasn't avoiding the problem activities until numb fingers. :eek: Numbness and tingling is improving quickly now though. Unfortunately fistfuls of ibuprofen don't do much for my motivation. :sleep:

I did a very half-arsed ramp test on the trainer last week, but that session was more about getting the trainer and sensors working reliably with Golden Cheetah.

I've been off the bikes and weights for 10+ days due to my back going out last week and pinched nerves in my neck that started in November. I thought the pinched nerves were just part of a triggered rhomboid(that I get a few times a year) because the pain was there and not in my neck, so I wasn't avoiding the problem activities until numb fingers. :eek: Numbness and tingling is improving quickly now though. Unfortunately fistfuls of ibuprofen don't do much for my motivation. :sleep:

I did a very half-arsed ramp test on the trainer last week, but that session was more about getting the trainer and sensors working reliably with Golden Cheetah.
Well that sucks mightily! Healing vibes to you good sir! :thumbsup:

trying to save some bacon. Digging deep into the paperwork. It was good they needed saving as the situation is much worse than I was lead to believe. This has stolen my Friday, now Saturday and next Sunday. My boss expects it to be complete Monday morning but all I am going to do is request more information to help did the hole a little deeper. I have a good idea how f'd we are but you cannot get out of a hole until you know where you stand.

No like, pal. That’s as legit an excuse as they come. I hope you can get it in check soon!

@Bluesrider has the right idea – yearly maintenance and weather break. I suppose one of those excuses will do…

EB948727-8472-4064-A5FD-4AABFB5C539E.jpeg

Accumulations around the Sierra yesterday were projected at two inches per hour, with totals over 40” in spots. Combined with up to 80 mph winds over the crest. Good avalanche conditions and a bad day for anything outdoors. Happy to see the moisture, but kripes, a little regulation?!

Cuz I got the Ronies. Actually, I didn't go to work today because I tested positive, but I won't ride tomorrow because if it. I did at least squeeze in a short one from the house yesterday. I'm vaxxed, but I got food poisoning a week ago, and I think that left me to susceptible to a growing outbreak at work. Luckily the girls are out of town, though just until late tomorrow. Figuring out now if we can extend their trip. This is shaping up to be an awesome Christmas. Almost as good as the Thanksgiving spent without electricity. Bah humbug.

Last edited:
Cuz I got the Ronies. Actually, I didn't go to work today because I tested positive, but I won't ride tomorrow because if it. I did at least squeeze in a short one from the house yesterday. I'm vaxxed, but I got food poisoning a week ago, and I think that left me to susceptible to a growing outbreak at work. Luckily the girls are out of town, though just until late tomorrow. Figuring out now if we can extend their trip. This is shaping up to be an awesome Christmas. Almost as good as the Thanksgiving spent without electricity. Bah humbug.
Bah hum bummed to hear it, Matt. Hoping you get through with minimal symptoms and quick rebound.

Well, at least healthy young'uns such as yourself usually don't have major problems with it. Here's to swift and sure defeat of the 'Rona and a return to your usual shenanigans.

Last edited:
I didn't ride today because the medical field is overcautious.

Got my overdue probing at 8 am, and they were pretty adamant that I could not go for physical activity for 24 hours. Wouldn't even let me walk to the car.

It was only a 25 minute nap. o_O No noticeable effects after I woke up, that I could tell. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Except it's supposed to be raining.....:facepalm:

I didn't ride today because the medical field is overcautious.

Got my overdue probing at 8 am, and they were pretty adamant that I could not go for physical activity for 24 hours. Wouldn't even let me walk to the car.

It was only a 25 minute nap. o_O No noticeable effects after I woke up, that I could tell. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Except it's supposed to be raining.....:facepalm:
Not raining until later in the day tomorrow or after. You're good to go!

Well I am going to fill the Schraders and ride the water tank hill. That is what I do when it rains a lot. Have not done it in years, I did walk the tank after that first rain storm as I waited for the pack to firm up. This time it will take a week so Hi ho Hi ho, to the water tank hill I go.....
Happy super steep water tank climbs on the ol Franken bike hard tail.
Happy "Homie don't scar the tread with tire grooves" trails

Well I am going to fill the Schraders and ride the water tank hill. That is what I do when it rains a lot. Have not done it in years, I did walk the tank after that first rain storm as I waited for the pack to firm up. This time it will take a week so Hi ho Hi ho, to the water tank hill I go.....
Happy super steep water tank climbs on the ol Franken bike hard tail.
Happy "Homie don't scar the tread with tire grooves" trails

I feel for you. All I have to do is feed the horse and feed the chickens.
100'/ 6.0

Back