HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!

Another Sunday, another beer league game. I was a lot better in this game than the last one (which was my first in 15 years). Still didn't score - but I was plus 4 and helped a lot more than last week. Only three subs tonight, so we were all pretty gassed. And I skied this morning and rode my mtb yesterday, so I won't be walking for a couple of days! :eek: :facepalm:

My back is on borrowed time, so I am trying to enjoy it while I can. :thumbsup:

Oh - and my sadistic teammate threw me a beer after the game. Last week it was a Coors Banquet (yellow can), this week it was....

an IPA. :bang:

I drank it anyway! I'd rather have the Coors. If I wanted to lick my socks, I could just do that. Why you all like that bitter Sh!t is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Coors either, but after a game, I would rather have a beer that doesn't make me thirsty.

Nobody's sayin' nothin' here this year!

As the regular season draws to a close, let's hear your prognostications. Can anyone beat Boston who finished an embarrassing 25 pts ahead of their nearest rival with 135 pts?

Will we finally get the Colorado v Rangers matchup we all deserve? It almost happened last year. Both stand at 107 pts right now. CO has one game left. Rangers played their 82. I doubt either team will get past round 2, but Rangers look stronger.

And how about those Kings? 3rd in their division with 104 pts, but looking brilliant at times. Ya never know, right?

Then again, there are Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina, Dallas, Vegas, Edmonton and a few other teams capable of putting together something in the playoffs. It takes 16 wins to hoist the Stanley Cup. Who will dethrone the AVs?

Las Vegas beats Winnipeg in 5.
Colorado beats Seattle in 6.
Minnesota beats Dallas in 7.
Edmonton beats LA in 6.
Florida beats Boston in 7.
Carolina beats New York Isles in 5.
Tampa Bay beats Toronto in 6.
New York Rangers beat New Jersey in 6.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Hockey Champs.jpg

Last edited:
Avalanche are undefeated! :cautious:

Rangers are at .500. :eek:

Ducks are in the cellar. :facepalm:

Golden Knights are crushing everyone with 33% more points than their nearest competitor!

Two games into the season! :laugh: :Roflmao (3 for VGK)

My Kings are stacked… except at one of the most important positions in goal. I honestly have no idea what to expect from them. Only two games into the season and goaltending was pretty awful in both. I think they will have to make a trade for a goalie at some point, but they’ve given out some huge contracts and are way up against the cap.

Update:
Rangers - 23 pts
Kings - 19 pts
Colorado - 18 pts
Ducks - 18 pts

Ducks at Colorado tonight. Should be a good one. Ducks have some solid momentum and have been playing well on the road. I think they will take this one.

And, the Rangers have been playing with out their top goalie Igor Shesterkin. And, their top defensemam Adam Fox. Still figuring out ways to win. Jonathan Quick has been beyond solid as back up. The team is playimg well right now. The season is very long... so we'll see come playoff time what they really got or not. I think they can win. Lafrenierre is finally starting to blossom. IF they continue to gel and make a few good trades at the deadline we may be lifting Lord Stanley's Cup!

And, the Rangers have been playing with out their top goalie Igor Shesterkin. And, their top defensemam Adam Fox. Still figuring out ways to win. Jonathan Quick has been beyond solid as back up. The team is playimg well right now. The season is very long... so we'll see come playoff time what they really got or not. I think they can win. Lafrenierre is finally starting to blossom. IF they continue to gel and make a few good trades at the deadline we may be lifting Lord Stanley's Cup!
Or watch from their defensive zone as the Kings lift it…

What? I can't hear you - I still have the Avalanche's 2022 Stanley Cup Ring stuck in my ear.

Looks like the Avs were pissed or the Ducks ran out of road magic. 8-2 Avs.

Back