Barnes is down...

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by herzalot, Apr 7, 2018.

1. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    2016 Giant Reign
    Here's the collar bone update for those interested. Saw my doctor today due to the ER doc referring me to an ortho out of network o_O. She said the bone is very minimally displaced, meaning the two pieces are close to each other and should fuse back in a normal fashion. That explains the clicking I feel occasionally.:gag: She also gave me an X brace to replace the sling. I used one with my previous collar bone snappage and it worked great. X-rays happen in 2 weeks and if all goes well PT will start in 4 weeks. Should be back riding in 8 weeks. Fingers crossed...:cool:

Also, a bit of a side note on the photography front; an LBS and I are in talks about me doing some lifestyle, ride culture esque shots for the shop in trade for some product and or services. Should be a fun experiential addition to the photography portfolio. :thumbsup: Jim, I might need an assistant btw...:whistling: Totally kidding of course.;)

2. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Canfield The One '12
    Good luck with a quick recovery @tbarnesarc . I've had some nasty rib injuries and a badly broke ankle, but thankfully no collarbone. (trying to find some wood to knock on besides my head since it's hollow now.)

3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    sounds like relatively good news, hope you recover quick

4. kioti

kioti MTB Addict

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Finger on the pulse baby. #bonebraker #triggahfingah #maxxisenvy #mtbcultural #flowtography #ho4product #34waist #riderdown #ithinkikon #habnation #mtbparkoc #dirtnap

5. evdog

evdog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Evan S
    Sorry to hear about the breakage. I've broke ribs twice and collarbone 3x so know what it's like. It's always the silly unexpected crashes that end up doing the most damage.

6. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    '15 Intense Tracer 275c DVOish
    Well I know that it sucks, @tbarnesarc, but think about the impact on the rest of us! No weekly videos of T and A and surrounding areas! Not sure I can handle that for 8 weeks. :eek::(

OK, seriously - heal up completely. No heroics. Enjoy that gig shooting lifestyle pics for one of the local bike industry retailers. I am guessing the wounded wing may create some difficulty in that pursuit as well, but I've seen you take photos one-handed before!

7. mike

mike MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    WTF, tb! No good!

You’re young and strong, will shake it off. Nothing ventured, nothing gained; way to redline it, but no missing work pal. : )

8. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    And more importantly. no after-work riding buddy for sir crashalot :(

9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer MTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    You just have to ride it Solo, Han. :D

10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors MTB Addict

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    2015 Giant XTC Advanced 1 29er
    Very punny. :rolleyes:

LLPoolJ likes this.
  11. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    2016 Giant Reign
    Some positive news in my down time I figured I would share. My buddies over at Laguna Beach Beer Company are about to launch their next beer named "Telonics". :eek: They asked if they could use some of my snaps for marketing purposes in exchange for some adult sport sodas and merch. How could I resist.... :whistling:Anyway below is the email blast that was sent out today. I should be in possession of a few Crowlers and some merch tomorrow. :eek:
    Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 7.27.04 PM.jpg

UPSed, Redman, SnakeCharmer and 9 others like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Cool! :thumbsup::cool:

And of course a mtb beer has to be IPA - even double IPA. Just not cool if it's not!

On a more important note, I hope your recuperation is going well. :thumbsup:

Faust29, Old&InTheWay, kioti and 2 others like this.
  13. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    The all-important question: Will it be available at the apres-ride party at Rwanda? If not, why not?

Faust29, kioti and Cyclotourist like this.
  14. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    2016 Giant Reign
    @herzalot I had feeling it actually would be an IPA at the very least but they doubled down. :eek: Looking forward to trying it.
    Recop is going ok I guess. Ribs are still a mess but I can feel the c-bone fusing back together. :gag: Did manage to get the new dropper installed and one handed I might add. :whistling: Dropping the DHx2 off at Bike Religion tomorrow to get it bled. Turns out they have the machine that does it. :thumbsup:

@Runs with Scissors I'll ask the rep tomorrow. Are they sponsoring it to begin with?

Faust29, Old&InTheWay, kioti and 2 others like this.
  15. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Dunno. But from the sound of it I want to try it!

Old&InTheWay, kioti and Cyclotourist like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot MTB Addict

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Finally - you want to try something in Laguna! Be careful - next thing you know, you might ride a trail out here. o_O

17. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Many things are possible. :sneaky:

Old&InTheWay, kioti and herzalot like this.