WTB: SRAM XX1 or X01 11 speed chain(s)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cyclotourist, Dec 16, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Quick posting to see if anyone has one, two or more they want to sell after upgrading to 12 speed. X01 is great, but XX1 at get it out of my garage pricing works as well. I got a fancy new chain checker, and wow, those chains are shot!
    TIA!

2. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Pretty sure the chains I have are shot too. I save them for magic gear finagling.

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  4. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    You should take the price per link. $ / 144 links. Then divide by the amount of days you get out of the chain. You will find the price of a chain is nothing compared to the damage a stretched chain can do to granny or eventually the cassette or RD.
    My last two chains have been lasting for years, I do not know why but why fight success?
    Happy torquing the most moving parts on your rig trails

Obsidian likes this.
  5. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I should note that a steel scale will show a link to link distance of 12.00 inches. I don't know it is weird, it is as if someone designed exact spacing of chains and cogs. Sometimes the world is a funny place. Second note measure edge to edge, not center to center as it is more accurate to measure from a tangent that imagine a center line. And everyone knows center lines do not really exist, right?
    Happy trails where users get down on science

6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    UPSed likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?