Wolf Tooth Pack Pliers

Cornholio

iMTB Rockstah
I just bought this the other day and thought I probably wasted money for a new toy I didn’t need until my chain needed a repair on a short ride today. The first ride with this in my pack and it saved my butt. Easily separated the master link and had a spare inside to keep me rolling. Weighs nothing and doubles/triples? as a tire lever and valve core remover.

I was already bummed I missed a bigger ride today since I had to take my daughter to the doc this morning and when I got back my wife gave me the green light to pedal a bit. Only a few minutes into my ride my chain came off and was caught behind my cassette so I used this to get it sorted out without muscling it and making things worse. Took me 3 minutes to get rolling again. 10/10 would buy again!

2950E1CB-9B08-49BC-A8B7-FEB093E2A03B.jpeg

82396DE8-7D30-45F3-B225-7FD2793AA58D.jpeg

D142B06C-C12A-4E35-A39D-C4377EBF9764.jpeg

Last edited:
I just bought this the other day and thought I probably wasted money for a new toy I didn’t need until my chain needed a repair on a short ride today. The first ride with this in my pack and it saved my butt. Easily separated the master link and had a spare inside to keep me rolling. Weighs nothing and doubles/triples? as a title lever and valve core remover.

I was already bummed I missed a bigger ride today since I had to take my daughter to the doc this morning and when I got back my wife gave me the green light to pedal a bit. Only a few minutes into my ride my chain came off and was caught behind my cassette so I used this to get it sorted out without muscling it and making things worse. Took me 3 minutes to get rolling again. 10/10 would buy again!

View attachment 37556
View attachment 37558
View attachment 37557
That is a really smart design. Not something you'll need often, but when you do, you do!

Modified Park tool, and 1987-Rockhopper spoke for a chain holder . Modded breaker too. When my Buddy in Henderson complained of chain failures I sent this. I carry a "micro" tiny Channrellok pliers for the jam nut and stuff. View attachment 37560

And a side of bacon for good measure... I always have at least a few bacon strips in my pack. :thumbsup:

Pretty cool looking tool, @Cornholio. Some of us need chain tools pretty often. :whistling:

Hmmmmmm, Tire lever aye!?!? Looks like I'm doing another mod to my chingus. After beating my link with a rock and ruining my little needlenose, I read somewhere you can thread a shoe lace thru/around the link and pull to disengage the link. I'm sure a mondo cool chain holder exists somewhere.

I bought one as well. There have been a couple times I've had to remove the quicklinks to extract the chain from cassette, and some of the 10/11 speed ones are not meant to be re-used so they are much harder to undo. I've actually carried the quick link tool on a couple bikepacks in case I had trouble. Having this tool will help if that ever happens again, and at almost no weight penalty.

Back