Whisky 50

Discussion in 'Racing' started by rossage, Jan 26, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Cross post from Trailhead :?

Howdy Boys and...girls? I just registered for the Whiskey 50 race in Prescott, AZ in April. :eek: First race since 1995....I plan on doing this as a fast recreational ride.

Complete details are here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.epicrides.com/index.php?contentCat=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.epicrides.com/index.php?contentCat=6</a>

I will be combining this with a family trip to the Grand Cyn so I won't be able to carpool. This also coincides with the OTB trip to Sedona so there will probably be OTB'ers involved.

If anyone has any info on camping in the Prescott area let me know....
    Also if anyone has previous experience with this event, post up and let me know what's up. :cool:

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    [youtube]TUxDqkTBz-k[/youtube]

3. shudder

shudder Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Michael McClure
    Alum of the '09 'race'. The 15 is too short; the 25 is a perfect ride, but you don't get the bragging rights or the tile of the 50; and, honestly speaking, the long, boring FR ride down into Skull Valley and then right back up the same stupid, super-wide FR of the 50 is a bore. Like it's there just to add the extra 25 miles (which it is). I did not enjoy that part at all. I did like riding the 50 though, for the reasons mentioned above. Some really great riding in there, for sure. Great town, too. I grew up very near there.

- shud

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?