Where are your favorite places to eat?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by kazlx, Aug 23, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    I went to Sushi Bomb in Downtown Fullerton for some AYCE sushi and Mr. BBQ by CSUF. Sushi Bomb requires online reservation, no walk ins. Mr. BBQ you call in after you park, they verify you're there, then they put you on the wait list. They will call you when the table is ready while you wait in the car. Both places require masks when not eating.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQudplSZkT2HsLyCFtaBqah9UTENhTAqVFQA76PfhHR9G-xea1W&usqp=CAU.jpg

I definitely miss the buffets. :cry: I've heard that Golden Corral is either going to have wait staff bring food orders to the table or have a server behind the counter. No more self-serve. I think a lot of the self-serve type places, not just buffets, are never going to be the same.

fos'l, Danmtchl, UPSed and 2 others like this.
  2. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    My children loved Hometown Buffet, but haven't been back since then. Can't say I miss them and neither does my waistline.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    This is suddenly a real possibility. And close! :eek:

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    In all honesty, my favorite place to eat is at my own dinner table. I have an intimate relationship with my tiny little POS gas grill and my thick pork lions and steaks rival anything I’ve had the best steak houses.

Oaken, da big hills, Stkx66 and 6 others like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    We've ordered more through DoorDash in the last couple months than should be allowed by law... Probably accounts for the extra 15-20 I'm carrying. :p

We had tacos at Sharky's after the Backbone ride this past weekend. Everyone had masks and there was lots of personal space while ordering. I also noticed that the staff were really on top of clearing tables and keeping everything clean. :thumbsup:

We did pick-up from Portos in Burbank last weekend, and it was like Disneyland. There were parking attendants that directed customers to numbered spots, and then a manager came to verify the pre-order on her iPad. Runners were bringing bags of food non-stop from the kitchen. There had to be at least 30 people working that I saw, and who knows how many more in the kitchen. Quite impressive... Now if only I could get a real Cuban coffee... :inlove:

Stkx66, fos'l, Danmtchl and 5 others like this.
  6. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    I'd failed to include the most important part...

A Slice of NY Pizza in HB, beer half price all day Mon and Thurs and today is Thurs!!! Only 4 taps but for pitchers only really needed 2...

DangerDirtyD, fos'l, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  7. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
  8. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    A Slice of NY is legit, wish it were closer to home for me.

La Sirena last night, something was a little off—the wife & I had some tummy issues :oops:

It was interesting to witness Troy Lee himself driving the TLD van and delivering boxes of merch to the store...I only figured out who it was after one of the groms waiting for a burrito called out to him.

bvader, rossage, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    He's always driving the van and doing grunt work - shuttling kids, hauling merch, etc. I see him often.

tick and rossage like this.
  10. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    But, does he see you?:ninja:

DangerDirtyD and herzalot like this.
  11. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Aloha’s at Hanga Roa.
    The greatest dish I ever had was a Polynesian interpretation of chili cheese fries.
    053FF3D0-DA7C-43C9-9835-929E87DBA88B.jpeg
    It’s been 15 years since, and life has changed, and I presume so has Papas Alohas.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?