What Are You Doing Differently?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by fos'l, Mar 23, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
  2. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I've been doing that this whole time, because I am undesirable.

Luis, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  3. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
  4. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Staying up past 10pm. Other than that, seems like everything.

5. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    I tried to join a food delivery service because a friend had good success with them (tried means the first delivery should be today; we'll see). My cousin in Westchester County, NY, a haunt for the virus, said several checkers in her area tested positive and her local store was erecting plastic barriers to "separate" customers and checkers (don't know the details of the structures, but I'll ask her). I've avoided markets for awhile except for a prescription because I thought that checkers would be likely to contact the virus since they're exposed to so many individuals.

6. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    At Costco, they have put tape down on the floor to mark 6' segments to keep customers apart when they queue up to check out. All the checkers are wearing gloves, and they do not touch your membership card any more - you hold it up to them and they use a hand-held scanner. They still put your stuff in the cart, however, because people are lazy as sloths. I think some people would starve to death if they had to pick up a box of mac n' cheese and put it in their shopping cart by themselves.

FWIW... we were talking to our realtor today, and another realtor she knew was interviewing for a job at Costco. The real estate market is for all intents and purposes shut down for now, and some people need money.

7. horsebikerider

horsebikerider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Suzanne Martin
    Current Bike:
    Tallboy
    Well, not much has changed for me since I have been working from home for the past 6 years and I have horses, which keeps my time with other humans down to a minimum. I still go to the barn every morning and afternoon and get my biking time in by riding to the barn. I still hand walk my horses either by myself or with a friend. It's very easy to stay 6 feet apart when you have a horse or two between you :p. However, I have been hyper vigilant about using clorox wipes and hand sanitizer before exiting my vehicle and when getting back in. When going into a grocery store or restaurant I use a clorox wipe to open the door and when picking things up.

Hang in there everyone. I know that a lot of you are going stir crazy, but stir crazy is better than suffering with COVID-19.

Stay safe and healthy ya'll!

Luis, Danmtchl, Danimal and 6 others like this.
  8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    This hasn't hit the LA area yet... It will, but they are still running on momentum. Of the houses that we've offered on so far, every single one has turned into a bidding war... We were one of 13 offers on the most recent. In one day on the market. :confused:

9. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Word from our realtor (his wife is a mortgage broker) is that home loans will be put on hold. Thankfully we just sold our home in Nor Cal and it should close next week if all goes well!

10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Differently... More time in the digital garage working on the cure for COVID-19. Progress...

Weer not alone

Redman, Faust29, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  11. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Hiking with the family on a Wednesday afternoon. With so many trails getting shutdown I'm super grateful that we have a couple miles of trail right out the back of our neighborhood (that link up to the closed fire road). Looks like some trail work was done since I was last up here, and some large ruts had been filled in. Will make easier going of using this to access some off menu single track that I can ride from home. Also, as we were passing a thicket, spaced out about like we were in the pics below I heard what distinctly sounded like a growl. Immediately my daughter and wife both turned around and said "did you hear that?". Either a minimally annoyed mountain lion, or more likely a bobcat I'm guessing, but either way a good reminder that we're not alone out there.

3C8CAB8E-22F0-4AD2-AA5C-C915608E28A8.jpeg

BCF90C9D-0AA1-4642-B9DA-8EE8FF40B16B.jpeg

12. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    HA, the theme song to my post right below it!

13. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Now that I'm into full telecommute mode I don't want to go back. I've got a better setup at home and don't have to deal with office drama or actually see people. :whistling: And I get up 5 min before work :thumbsup:

20200325_163735.jpg

14. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I've been working from home when not traveling for almost a year now. I still get up at 530, shower, eat breakfast and dress appropriately for work. Then walk into the office ( extra bedroom). This sets my mood and intention for the work day.

15. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    You and Jennifer both suck. Not really. I'm just jealous. :D

16. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    This photo was staged in case your boss looked right? I know if I had 4 monitors I'd be looking at imtbtrails, Pinkbike, Google Maps and Ride with GPS route planner... I'm still going in to the shop though and I only have one monitor so I have to have separate tabs for all that stuff...:Roflmao

17. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Define "dress appropriately for work"?

18. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Well, if you look closely at the bookmarked sites....:facepalm::p

19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    You've covered four of the approximately one hundred reasons why going to an office daily and dealing with those who do is something to be avoided. To your good health and sanity!

The guys I work with moved their office a few years ago – I still haven't seen it, and it's in OC.

20. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Not pajamas???
    Actually, I'll often drive see clients during the day so just grab the laptop and roll. T shirts are not acceptable dress. So it's studded leather jacket, mohawk hair and leather speedos. Wear that and I'm good to go!

I do miss the co workers and the social aspect of going to a workplace.

21. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    LOL, atta bouuyyyy!

22. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Reading poetry: Carl Sandburg of all people in the pre-dawn hours this AM. From The People, Yes:

"This old anvil laughs at many broken hammers.
    There are men who can't be bought.
    The fireborn are at home in fire.
    The stars make no noise.
    You can't hinder the wind from blowing.
    Time is a great teacher.
    Who can live without hope?"

23. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Haven't seen my kids in weeks, while usually we get together frequently. A couple reside out of the area, but the other two and their families always congregate. Probably be weeks before we can do that again.

24. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Eating dinner at 11 p.m. as opposed to the normal 7 p.m. I should just skip it and have a big breakfast.

25. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
  26. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
  27. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Selling a house... Moving.

Not the best time? :Roflmao

28. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I know your pain all to well. We bumped our move date up a week. We were afraid we'd get locked in Cali, unable to escape. Thankfully we made it to our temporary home late Wednesday night. The last week as been nothing less than a whirlwind of boxes, moving trucks, bubble wrap, packing tape, and more boxes.

Good luck on your search and move!

29. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    I’ve been driving a lot faster on the freeway :whistling::speechless:

30. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I still go the speed limit. I just don't have to weave in and out of traffic right now.