Voters celebrate!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Nov 7, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    In the spirit of being a political, non-political thread...

Congratulations on another election cycle! It is easy for us to forget, living in this great country, how rare it is to live in a free country that gets to choose its leaders!

Whether or not your candidate (at the Federal, State, or Local level) actually won... You won by playing the game!!

I am a US Army veteran - and I served proudly to protect your right to vote... whether I agreed with your decision or not :)

2. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    As a non-citizen observer, it was great to see the massive turnout, and relatively smooth election proceedings in a rather..... tumultuous year. Congratulations on your 46th president, and first female in office! Looking forward to this country and my own, continuing a strong, neighbourly union.

3. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    My next door neighbor, who happens to be LEO, put up a 50' flag pole yesterday. When he asked me what I thought, I said all right just don't fly the PRC colors. He said I could raise my antifa flag. It deteriorated from there.

4. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Shirley, you jest?

Danmtchl and Derkderkall like this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    So far, my life has been about the same regardless of who has been in office. I can only pray that it stays that way.

Stkx66, Danmtchl, mtbMike and 2 others like this.
  6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    This is *mostly* the way I feel as well but there is no question that we (as in my family) has never done better financially than we have since Trump's tax changes. Having (2) kids as Officers in the Army during Trump's time, being the first President to not invade a new country since who knows when, made for a less anxious parent.

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Can we please please please make a habit of truly seeking to understand the other side now? The truth lies in the middle, but the extremes have to be explored to search for a better solution to our most challenging problems.

I will repeat something I heard recently - "We should not lead through an example of power, but by the power of our example."

Walleye, Oaken, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  8. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Ok, start by acknowledging that farce of a collusion story, followed by a sham impeachment, and give us a reason we're supposed to buy this election at face value.

Redman and Danmtchl like this.
  9. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Annnnnd, this is why we can't have nice things...

Luis, Oaken, evdog and 5 others like this.
  10. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    No matter who you vote for, the government still wins.

Old&InTheWay and Danmtchl like this.
  11. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Today Hate lost and Hope won.

ddmansprty and Danmtchl like this.
  12. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Guys...

Politics is verboten here. For good reason... We’ve proven over and over that we really can’t be civil.

Not now, but maybe down the road when it’s farther in the rear view mirror and not quite so raw.

Mikie, fos'l, Oaken and 6 others like this.
  13. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    I'm not trying to be an ass up here. I replied specifically to @herzalot because I like him and consider him a friend. When I started here, I got the warmest welcome, best, and a lot advice from him, and everybody really. So I'm not trying to screw up this forum, or cause waves. @herzalot and I have gone through it before, and he's always been cordial and more civil than I. I really think he is genuine in wanting a dialogue, but I want some things addressed also. This may or may not be the place, but I don't want to be swept under the rug.

Redman, mtbMike and herzalot like this.
  14. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Then please use the private message feature. This thread is already pushing it due to it's political nature.

15. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Like Mikie has said many times, this isn’t the place... It never ends well. Been there.

PM each other to your heart’s content...

fos'l, herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Echo chamber. Confirmation bias. Believe the "data" you like that supports your preferred perspective, and ignore that which doesn't fit. The talking points you mention are straight out of the mouths of Hannity and Carlson. Twisted hyperbole. Similar to - but opposite of - what comes out of the mouths of Joe Scarborough or Rachel Maddow. I listened to Fox news all day today, because I knew what CNN and MSNBC would say. No one on Fox was claiming that there is any validity to the allegations of malfeasance, but supported the right to challenge it. They were perfectly rational. So we shall see how the challenges play out.

Don't worry @Faust29 and @Mikie We're fine. I will continue to push for a balanced approach to our nation's polarization.

Speaking of balance, did I mention that I rode my bike today? Didn't fall over to the left or the right!

17. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Aha, a centrist!

herzalot likes this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Maybe - maybe not!

19. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Whatever they work out is fine AFAIAC; my "law" is Ex 22:28. I will say that, to me, "Actions speak louder than words".

Redman and herzalot like this.
  20. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    This thread is still open? Should I go try to re-open an ebike thread? I was concerned for Mikie’s health before, should we have the Canadian Mounties knock on his door to see if he’s ok?

Mikie, UPSed, herzalot and 1 other person like this.
  21. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I have a feeling he may be waiting for the truth as shocking and disappointing it may be.

Mikie and sir crashalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?