Utah riding?

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Bluesrider, Feb 10, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Bluesrider

Bluesrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Todd
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower
    Faust29 and kioti like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That was cool. Gotta love the dad-rock/yacht-rock song too! I still recall a Second-City TV skit from 25 years ago that had a frantic Michael McDonald rushing through a crowded city while this song was playing - then rushing in to the studio just in time to lay down the backing vocal "such a long way to go..."

Found it - but I was a little off on my recollection of the story line:

And Ropelato is cool. I kinda lent him a hand after he crashed on a culvert crossing at Fontana. He was just a teenager then. Sometimes Fontana is the Floop of the racing world - great riders who can do amazing stuff crash and sometimes get injured there (Danny MacAskill on a two-foot drop, for example).

I'm probably off on my recollection of that too. It was probably me who fell on the culvert crossing and flung my bike into Mitch Ropelato. Who knows?

3. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I feel for Salt Lake City, sometimes it just doesn't know whats hitting it.

I had a friend who moved there in the early days of 3-pin skiing, back in the days-before-the day. Leather boots, skinny skis, wool pants.. I visited to see what this backcountry/telemark thing was all about, and a big storm kept us city-bound for a few days. I remember throwing on the skis and cruising the streets, sidewalks, parks and.. some places better left unmentioned.

4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    You went to Liberty Park??

I lived in SLC for three years, 1984-1986. Absolutely loved it. Wouldn't live there now though. Too much like SoCal people-wise.

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  5. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    We're dating ourselves - Christopher Cross sure had a nice run. Made me smile when I heard it. Damn, another gray hair......

6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I'm going to be in Kanab, UT to sprinkle some ashes June 17-20, and I'll have Friday 6/18 to ride.

Gooseberry is about one hour west, and I'll probably ride there unless I get some intel or a guide for alternatives near Kanab.

Paging @Im Livin the Dream @Cougar

Thanks!

7. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    I think anything else you'd want to ride will be a similar distance away or maybe a bit more.... Thunder Mtn, Navajo Lake, Rainbow Rim, Brian Head depending on conditions. Gooseberry could be pretty hot by then. The others listed are all a bit higher up.

8. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    TOO funny:Roflmao:Roflmao.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?