Two Trico Iron Case Bike Boxes - Free to a Good Home

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by JimN, Sep 14, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. JimN

JimN Member

Name:
    JimN
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Switchblade 29er
    As the subject line says, I have two Trico hard shell cases available to anyone interested in picking them up in Pasadena. These cases provide great protection for any bike that fits. Unfortunately, they're quite a bit outdated for modern geometry mountain bikes. I've used them several times both to fly bikes, as well as ship them via UPS or FedEx. Largest bike I've used them for was my circa 2006 Niner Air9, size XL. I think they would still be suitable for a small frame modern mountain bike, or probably any size road or gravel bike. Given the layering, foam compression functionality of these cases, I always removed the rotors from the wheels when packing. Lots of room in the case to pack up riding gear after you get everything else situated. Plenty of photos available via a Google image search. Please reply if you're interested.

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Hey! I have outdated MTBs and a road bike! I'm interested. What kind of beer to you like?

Faust29, JimN, UPSed and 3 others like this.
  3. JimN

JimN Member

Name:
    JimN
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Switchblade 29er
    Winner! If you insist, I'll take any Triple Hazy IPA that you might like, or any Bottle Logic Stasis offering. Yeah, I'm an expensive date. I'll PM you my contact info.

Faust29, DangerDirtyD, UPSed and 3 others like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    This is perfect! @DangerDirtyD can store these for whenever we need to borrow one!

5. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Yea my wife is not pleased. I think she had plans to fill the remainder of our garage space with new holiday decor. I told her she can store it safely in the Trico Iron Case.

6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Our wives should probably go in on a storage facility for holiday decor.
    And baskets... so many baskets...

7. JimN

JimN Member

Name:
    JimN
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Switchblade 29er
    **UPDATE**
    Due to a recent over-shipment of holiday Wreaths, Nutcrackers, Kinaras and Menorahs, and the storage complications they present, DDD finds himself in a noncommittal situation with regard to accepting the bike cases.

They are now back up again for grabs. Please reply here or PM me directly if you're interested in picking them up in Pasadena.

8. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Count me in

JimN and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?