Trail Mix tonite in Laguna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varaxis, Dec 14, 2013.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    My big toe feeds on socks. I've been defanging it, but its appetite is as strong as ever. I've been feeding it a steady supply of NLZ socks, but all the styles I like seem to have sold out and/or been discontinued. I have to say that I found them well worth the 2.50 asking price per pair. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I've tried a few cycling socks and some thicker Fox ones, and they seem to last a total of 1 ride. Heck, the Fox ones didn't even last a day of walking around.

Mikie likes this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I was sponsored by DeFeet cycling socks for around 6 years and I have used them for the last 20 years! In fact, I don't know if they will work for you but I have chainsaw toe nails and they seem to keep them at bay pretty well.....

http://www.defeet.com/60305/Cycling-Socks.html

~Mikie

3. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    A little on the pricey side, comparable to Darn Tough. Maybe I should see if I can bust my one set of Darn Tough socks have them sponsor me through their guarantee. ;)

Mikie likes this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    How much is it costing you per month with your one ride socks? :shock: :eek: :p :lol:

5. gunga din

gunga din Member

Name:
    steve villmer
    Try smart wool. They seem to last for me, and not too costly.

Mikie likes this.
  6. Oldskool

Oldskool Newbie

Name:
    Rick Stupin
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon w 650b's
    Yeah Varaxis, same here, my big toe just feeds on socks, I have yet to find a sock that it does not like!

Mikie likes this.
  7. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Newbie

Name:
    Mike Miller
    Defeet Woolie Bullie works great for me as I have the same problem. Even though it's a thicker sock I have zero problems with over heating. In fact I may even use a regular riding sock like "Sock Guy" makes and then just put the Woolie's over them when it's very cold out or riding in the snow.

Mikie likes this.
  8. redwoods

redwoods Well-Known Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Current Bike:
    Ridin' heavy
    The Woolie Bullies are great socks, and definitely not too warm.

Mikie likes this.
  9. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    My big toe eats socks too. It just munched thru my favorite pair of Cannondale wool socks that I've been using for a few years. :( Luckily I bought a second pair! :)

I bought a couple of sets of Darn Tough a year or so ago. I figured the guarantee was worth a shot. I haven't been wearing them that often though. I like the thicker bottom and mid-calf that my Cannondale socks offer.

Wool is definitely where it's at. Long lasting and no stink. I wear the same socks for many, many rides before I need to wash the dirt out.

Mikie likes this.
  10. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    +1 on woolie bullies, feet are just right at all times.

Mikie likes this.
  11. Rob S.

Rob S. Member

Name:
    Rob Skinner
    Pearl Izumi Attack Socks.
    Super thin, super comfortable, keeps dirt from your feet.

Mikie likes this.
  12. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    I was going to recommend Darn Tough. they are my favorite, but pricey. The worst shitty thing is when you loose one. I've got a lonely Darn Tough been looking for his mate for months now. :cry:

Mikie likes this.
  13. Marty657

Marty657 Member

Name:
    Marty
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz TB2C
    Sounds funny but I am hooked on Nike Dry Fit basketball socks I started using them when my last favorite pair of C'Dale had to be retired. Have a drawer full of Spec, DeFeet, S Wool, Pearl and more but love the bball socks

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?