The Good News Thread!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Derkderkall, Oct 23, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Not me, my work valorized! But my dirt is wet :thumbsup: , and will be for awhile. I am sure you are happy for me, as I am happy for you, there is some good news in people's little lives in one way or another?

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I'd prefer hero dirt.

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I did a road ride. Oh wait- This is the good news thread. I’ll find somewhere else to post that.

4. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Heathen

5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  6. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Had a Bobcat run in front of my bike as I rode down the trail for maybe 100 ft or more. So cool....beautiful cats.

7. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    They are indeed beautiful cats. I see them fairly often on the San Raphael Hills and on the Verdugos. I see them in our neighborhood once a year or so as well.

8. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
  9. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Resurrecting this thread, because I'm sure we all need a good shot of good news right now..
    Started out with the woom balance bike on 2nd birthday. Christmas 2020, we upgraded to the woom 2. He used it like a balance bike for the following year until this past Christmas. Sometimes he would try to pedal... but could never really sustain it.. easily frustrated etc.

Christmas eve he made a huge leap forward and actually would pedal for short distances.. but also had periods of frustration where he wouldn't try... and just coasted around..

This week, it finally clicked. So much so that now we have to take our own bikes to really keep up with him.

not even 4 1/2 years old, and never had training wheels/stabilizers.

10. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Rad! Good job, dad. Training wheels are anti-learning devices for sure, balance bike FTW.

Good news on my end is that my son is going to be doing the Over the Hump races in May at 6.5yrs old (I get to follow him on my bike for the ~2 mile course). My daughter started riding his 16” wheel bike around her 4th birthday so she will do the little sprint race they do for the little ones (she’s exactly 23 months younger than him). They both love riding so much, makes me happy.

I ride around with them more than I get out on the trails right now and I am totally ok with that. But now that his new 20” wheel bike is here and he has learned how to use the gears we will be hitting trails more.

044FD3AC-02D2-45C0-8E64-FAB8BEABE4C6.jpeg

C56EC27D-B568-4E07-A2EC-05C0E91A95C3.jpeg

Kids rule!

11. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?