Super Bowl Sunday Ride

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by MTBHotRod, Feb 1, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Anyone planning on a big ride tomorrow before the Super Bowl? The game doesn't start until 3:30 so there is plenty of time for a BIG ONE!

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Dang it! Teaching on Sunday morning, then hitting the big chair for the game with the misses.

Let's plan something for next weekend for sure...

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I would like to. I need to be home by 2 though. Any suggestions?

4. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Brown Mtn to the KB saddle and down El P. 14 miles, 2000 ft climbing. Can add an extra 6 miles or so and some climbing by adding a Sunset loop.
    too.
    Chit chat ride with the Mcguires. Starting near the JPL lot about 8:30.

5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

That's going to be another good one Ross, I can't talk myself into driving out there again since I just did so. I plan on riding tomorrow but not a BIG ride,and would be local. Hauser from Acton, 2000 ft. 9 or 10 miles, I don't remember. Although if I had company we could ride under the 14 fwy. after Hauser , climb up the next range, and drop down to Snake Bite, we can ride out around the base of Parker and cross over back to Escondido Cyn. And on to Sierra Hwy Via horse trail back to the trucks, could get 2800 to 3000 ft. climbing, that would probably make the ride between 15 and 18 miles? I would like to get back to the seen of the crime soon :eek:

6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

MTBHotRod and I are going to hit Hauser and Snake Bite tomorrow before Supper Bowl, park accross the street from Crown Valley Community Church- 5734 Sierra Hwy Acton Ca 93510. Should be a good one.

7. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    H^B & Rodney - what time for Hauser?

I shoveled, raked and trail built all this morning but might muster the will to climb up and meet you guys at the top. We built about 6/10 of a mile this morning up behind my house. Have another mile to go - hopefully it will rain more soon!

8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Hey Dave, we are starting at 9:00 and just added another rider, going to add more ride in another mountain range over, just across the 14. Hope you can join us. Would be better if you start in Acton unless you are Dave, and are going to just ride back home again for 5000 ft. of climb!

9. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Meeting at 1534 Sierra Hwy Crown Valley Community Church

10. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    Darn it Doug! Turns out I need to take my daughter back to CSUN earlier than planned.

I will try to ride up and over from my side and meet you on boiling point. from there we'll see how much time is left. I am extremely sore and stiff from shoveling raking and yes, hoeing yesterday but I should be able to drag my old butt up and over. Hope to see you up there.

11. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    Hey Rod & Doug - Wow - that was the coldest descent ever! A little bit of snow coming down. Good to see you guys up there - just wish I had more time to check out the new stuff with you.

12. I cringed just reading about this!

13. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    yes my toes and fingers were numb when I got home. That kind of deal where it hurts to take a shower and thaw out. was a good ride tho :cool:

14. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Warmed up again when we crossed the valley. You missed some good ST.

15. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Great riding yesterday. Sorry we only got to ride a little bit with you Dave. Lots of fun stuff out in Acton.

16. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    maybe this weekend - I'll ride over and follow your strava track. Please join me if you can - us old dudes get lost real easy.

17. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Only if it's winter Dave :eek: , also you might not want to ride the last part down to Sierra Hwy, the road has almost completly wash out while I wasn't looking :shock:, from now on I'll take the alternate motto trail, it can and will make your hair stand up also, but better than the road :D . It's a good figure 8, maybe?

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?