Sufferfest Gravel Fondo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarlS, Sep 11, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    Anyone going to this or know any more details? I'm totally unfamiliar with the area but considering checking it out, sounds like my kind of distance and elev. for this sort of ride. Also the beer and bbq sounds good. I may try and camp out at Malibu Creek Park on the Sat before and check out the MASH sites.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sufferfest-gravel-fondo-tickets-26990084068

https://www.facebook.com/events/1134354179966531/

Just wondering how chunky the dirt sections are going to be. I will be riding my no suspension "gravel bike" :
    14264048_10206795003413660_5675495474506155335_n.jpg

2. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I'm not doing it but I just checked the Strava link. Your bike will be fine. I have done all of the dirt sections on an actual gravel bike. It appears to be a lot of pavement. You could get away with a much less aggressive tread.

Mikie and CarlS like this.
  3. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    I'm planning on it, but have a concert the night before so getting up early for it may not be in the cards (well, early enough to get to Pedalers Fork by 6:30 to 7 from HB). There's a ton of great riding up there so it should be a cool event.

CarlS likes this.