St. George / Hurricane Road Trip 10/6-10/9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MTBHotRod, Aug 25, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I'm planning a road trip to St. George in October. Looking to get some advice on rides and routes. We will be riding 3-4 days. It's been a while since I was there last. Rode Gooseberry about 10 years ago but I know there are a lot of new trails and ways to link up rides. Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

herzalot and Mikie like this.
  2. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
  3. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    Mikie and MTBHotRod like this.
  4. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Name:
    Dan Eitman
    Current Bike:
    Trek Superfly FS
    Zen Trail, Barclay Poppy Preserve, Barrel Roll, and any of the other trails used in the True Grit Epic race. Those two areas were my favorites along the 44-mile loop. Some great flow, tech, exposure, both up and down. Just on the west side of St. George near Santa Clara.

Mikie, mtnbikej and MTBHotRod like this.
  5. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Contact Red Rock Bicycle Co. They have a Facebook page. We visited them when we got there and they showed us all the good stuff. I also used the Trailforks app while we were riding. Helps to keep you on course.

Mikie and MTBHotRod like this.
  6. pachaven

pachaven Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    A bunch of them!!!
    Mikie, UPSed and MTBHotRod like this.
  7. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Thanks for all of the 411 guys. This is looking to be an awesome trip. I heard the weather in October is supposed to be just right.

Mikie and UPSed like this.
  8. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    MTB Hot Rod... our group about 8-10 are going from SCal at the same time... Friday to Monday. ... staying in a house in Hurricane... gonna hit Gooseberry mesa, Jem/Hurricane loop, etc.. hope to see you out there!

Mikie, herzalot and UPSed like this.
  9. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    @konakc We'll keep an eye out for a group of 8-10 riders. Shouldn't be too hard to miss. :thumbsup:

Mikie likes this.
  10. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Rod> Are you going by yourself? Got any room for a straggler?

Mikie likes this.
  11. MTBHotRod

MTBHotRod Member

Name:
    Rodney Thompson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I'm going with my buddy Danny Lee. If you haven't heard yet I totaled my truck. All's good but I now drive a 4Runner which only has a rack for two bikes. If you can get someone else to roll with you that would be sweet. We are actually staying at the Holiday Inn in ST. George. Wanted to stay somewhere with a restaurant, bar, pool and jaccuzi for post ride pleasure. If you can make something happen that would be awesome.

hill^billy and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?