***SPAM*** 'Airbnb' of mountain biking... crazy? stupid? awesome?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Brcic, Feb 17, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

?

So, is this program...

1. stupid?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. crazy?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. awesome?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. revolutionary?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Brcic

Mike Brcic Guest

Hey all, as some of you know, Sacred Rides has been offering award-winning mountain bike tours around the world for over 20 years. I’ve been blessed to make this my life and to travel the world with my mountain bike.

For the last year and a half I've been working on a program to enable passionate mountain bikers around the world (like yourselves) to do the same: earn a living (or at least some extra $) on your mountain bikes.

The result is our new Getaways program. We have 20 affiliates already launched and offering 1 and 2-day mountain bike adventures in their backyard, and we are looking to bring on 100 more this year.

We provide everything you could possibly need to get up and running as quickly as possible: a beautiful website, an advanced booking and operations system, marketing training and materials, operations and guide training, industry discounts on bikes and other gear, and much much more.

I'd love to know what you all think of this. Is it crazy? Awesome? Stupid? Revolutionary? All of the above?

p.s. I'm happy to accept criticism and helpful suggestions about the program, but please know we didn’t go about this quickly or lightly. We’ve put a TON of work into this program and into developing the tools and training our affiliates need in order to succeed and offer safe, amazing adventures on their local trails. All of our affiliates will be required to have permits and insurance and undergo extensive training.

If you have issues with it and want to give me feedback and criticism, that’s great (and appreciated), but if you just want to Sh!t-talk the idea because you like Sh!t-talking other people’s ideas instead of coming up with your own, why not find another thread to waste your time on?

2. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Nice first post Mike. Stay classy.

tick, pperrelle, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Sooo...you joined Monday and this is your only post. So far.

We would love to welcome you to the fold. Ride your bike. Post about riding your bike.

If you want to advertise, get in touch with @Mikie .

Faust29, mike, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    SPAM IS SPAM.

tick, Faust29, mike and 3 others like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Uh, yeah. @Mike Brcic
    Mike! Great you are a mountain biker, and that's what we do here. If you want to talk mountain bike, we would do that all day long after we are done mountain biking.
    But as you can see...
    Your first post didn't go over that well. Cuz the boyz just think your spamming our site. Which you are.
    I don't usually say stuff like this, but I bust my ass to build and keep this site nice. All out of my pocket. I even sometimes sacrifice my ride time to put my imtbtrails family first.
    So for some hoser to sign up and think they can throw an Ad on my site for free, obviously insults the members. Why would they care? Because they treat me like family. I am family.

You want to be family? Talk mountain bikes on this site. If you want to place an Ad, IM me and I will hook you up, and they will totally respect your offer.

doublewide, UPSed, littlewave and 8 others like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    DangerDirtyD, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    Considering he posted the same exact post at Vital & MTBr......I'd say SPAM.

8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Next time I'm in Toronto I'll look you up!

Just kidding... And I do visit Toronto occasionally.

Cyclotourist, Mikie, Andy and 3 others like this.
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I'm going to have to go with revolutionary, because employers normally pay the employee, instead of the other way around.

@Mike Brcic: If you find yourself in Orange County and could use a guide for Cleveland National Forest, holler. It'll be a special rate, just for you.

10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    Well one of the Poll options is "Stupid".....but then he says " but if you just want to Sh!t-talk the idea because you like Sh!t-talking other people’s ideas instead of coming up with your own, why not find another thread to waste your time on?"

Sorry, but you open yourself up for it.

11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Okay...
    You posted... saw comments, then left.
    Goodbye...

mike likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.