Sorry......Gotta Vent

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by mtnbikej, May 17, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    When I went into 7/11 today a guy offered to wash my windows. I told him no thanks.
    When I came out he was washing someone else's windows. He had his own windex and paper towels.
    I gave him my change on the way back to my car and told him I appreciate the ingenuity and not just begging.

Old&InTheWay, Danmtchl, UPSed and 6 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You gotta be batsh!t crazy to get banned here... Or a batsh!t crazy spammer.

3. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Cool, maybe this female can stick around... :rolleyes:

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    True story. I'm still here!

5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    "There, but for the grace of God, go I...."

Faust29, kioti, konakc and 5 others like this.
  6. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Preachit!

Faust29 and Danmtchl like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    The egg before the chicken...every time. But the chicken has no culture, and the egg needs incubation.

8. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And then there's balut..."cultured" (and incubated, but not under the chicken. E. coli, but still) and then the chicken....:p

No, don't bother.

9. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    You guys are nuts :laugh:

Faust29, herzalot, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  10. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I can honestly say I was never drunk enough to actually eat a balut. :sick:

11. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I was.:gag:

12. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Some kids in the neighborhood made Andy W. eat one from an Emu while playing Scuicide in my parent’s kitchen. Poor guy was dealt a shitty hand in life with a drugged-out mom that should have been breaded and fried when she was just a chicken nugget.

13. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Haha. "Pimping kids out" that's exactly what I call it. I don't make my kids do that. Just take my cash, leave my kids out of it, and keep the trinket you're trying to make a buck off of.

14. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I spent 29 years working for the police dept in San Diego, 26 of those years in some version of patrol. Luckily when I worked downtown, the homeless issue wasn't pretty but literally nothing compared to what it is nowadays. Luis had it right for the most part, as the majority of these folks are "urban campers" who have no intentions of seeking help in some shelters because then they'd have to follow the rules. Be in by 8 pm. No alcohol. No drugs and a few places required them to attend a church service as well. The families (women with kids) are very rare sight as they get priority placement and at least in San Diego, are housed in apartments that would be $2000+ if they were rented out.

When I transferred to the division that included the beach areas of Mission & Pacific Beach, I worked for a supervisor that proactively tried to get long term homeless into housing. There's many options available from hotels that volunteer empty rooms to shelters to long term public housing. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM REFUSED. There was one guy that he actually threatened with "jail or free housing" and that guy went but was back sleeping in the park after about 4 months. We did have one guy that voluntarily went and he was a local celebrity because he could scrunch up his face to look exactly like Popeye, tourists took pictures with him. He was like 70 and got place in a senior home in Pt Loma. Turned out he ended up having "relations" with about 20 of the women in there and they booted him when he didn't stop after being told.

Luis, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 10 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?