Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand (cuss)words

sir crashalot

iMTB Rockstah
Not sure which sub forum is right for this one
upload_2024-4-12_21-31-17.jpeg

Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words
(…I’m ok, but it was close!)

I remember reading that this is a known possible issue with the first generation bikeyoke revives under heavy riders, a year or so after I got it. I think mines a gen 1. I figured hasnt happened yet so i gueess its ok. apparently not but took 5 years.
Up next: Wolftooth Resolve. or maybe th ol' unclamp-and-drop a plain post, my frame on the way has a full-length seat tube. Old school!

Last edited:
Not sure which sub forum is right for this one
View attachment 92988
Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words
(…I’m ok, but it was close!)
I believe The Professor's Revive did the same thing two days ago while he was riding with @Lost Kiwi .

https://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/i-rode-my-bike-today.2149/page-1195#post-303001
Aye, that be exactly the same way both of The Professors Revives failed. His however were the newer versions, he confirmed it when I was talking to him yesterday.

Get in touch with Bike Yoke.

Couple yrs ago I came down a short techy section and this happened!? @Sasquatch9billion was there . Last time I'll get carbon seat rails.....you'd think I was a weight weenie!;)

View attachment 92989

View attachment 92990
That happened to me with a WTB TI rail saddle. Was a couple years old. I sent them pics and asked it it was supposed to do this? They asked for the broken saddle so I sent it to them and they sent me a new one. No charge. Yah never know until yah ask.

I had my rails bust and then needed to ride home only a few miles but 1000 ft of climbing. It is hard standing all the way home
Happy trails
My bud Grant broke his saddle on a long ride in Chino Hills. We told him to take the nearest exit and we’d pick him up. He decided he would tough it out and just stand the whole way.
He got more and more frustrated as the ride progressed. By the end he was just throwing his bike forward and walking.

Back