SB120 Demo - T1 Build

AKAKTM

I've liked Yeti and Ibis shorter travel bikes a lot. As a result, I am testing the new SB120 with a demo bike. My first impressions are that it rides great. It's very solid and very quiet. VERY nice. IS the extra weight worth the super solid and quiet ride. Time will tell.

Negatives are that the frame is very heavy for a 120 bike at almost 7lbs. The Yeti T1 (XO) built is 30.1lbs tubeless. Ouch. The other issue I have is that this is an $8200 bike that uses a GX shifter, derailleur, crank, cassette and chain. At this price, it should have all XO in my opinion at minimum.

iMac2 - 1.jpeg
iMac2 - 2.jpeg
iMac2 - 3.jpeg

I’ve done 25 miles on it. One more ride tomorrow. I can say it is really quiet and solid. At least all that material has some benefit. I can feel the weight relative to my Stumpjumper or the Epic Evo I sold. It long ago. I will also say a used late model SB130 is a much better buy. Overall, the SB120 is solid, easy to ride fast and fun. It’s a good bike but I would struggle to call it great at this price, build and weight.

Back