Road-trail rash at Whiting

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by stevers, Jul 7, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey @stevers
    Thanks for posting up the update...
    I was just thinking about how you might be doing this morning and was going to inquire.
    Aloe Vera is the miracle cure of all time. I highly suggest it. i think someone posted it above. Cathy has an Aloe Vera plant on our front porch and cuts off a pices and applies to the damage. It's gooy feeling at first but it is amazing on road rash and on sunburns. Blows my mind how good!
    Keep healing brothah. I hope we get to meet some time in the future! :thumbsup:

herzalot, mike, Old&InTheWay and 2 others like this.
  2. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Thanks for the healing vibes @Mikie! I’ve been using healing ointments that is a mix of petroleum jelly and aloe. That and keeping he area clean and wet speeds the healing process by a lot. My shoulder rashing was more pain management as the top layer of skin was mostly in tact. The knee is a different story, completely tearing off the first layer and damaging the second layer in some parts. I skip showering a long as possible to not disturb the wound, but wipe off and reapply aquaphor a couple times a day. After 3 days I showered this morning and dried the area by rolling q-tips on it. A lot of the dead skin and collected ointment fell off, revealing nice and pink new skin. Covered with teraderm for now, and expect the rest of the area to come off in the next day or two.

Day 6 update:

92572003-BBF6-4507-B017-69EBFF123564.jpeg

20521301-FA6A-43C5-988F-4E3BE75A4C1B.jpeg

Mikie, Faust29, mike and 5 others like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Good progress, but that yellow junk in your knee looks either infected or getting there. Notice all the other damage is nearly healed. The knee will take awhile unless it gets some aggressive treatment. Any ER would scrub it out right away. Been there, dood...

herzalot, Mikie, stevers and 2 others like this.
  4. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    The yellow is the petroleum jelly mixing with the blood. Here’s a progression. With the pic on the left at day 3, then days 4-6 from top to bottom. When it dries out it turns to a red scab, but can get rehydrated with petroleum jelly and mix with blood and old skin to turn yellow/greenish. Day 5 dried out overnight and turned scabby, but immediately soaked up the ointment and turned yellowish again. No redness, no heat, no weeping, no increase in pain, and no smell, so should be in the clear.

A2BFEBE5-F1D9-493E-B699-08CB567BA1F7.jpeg

Mikie and mike like this.
  5. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Day 13 - final update. I’m back, baby! Skin is good now, but ribs still pinch a bit when I breathe deep. Probably take it easy for a while, but I’m back riding at about 80%.

6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welco_e Ba_k (80%)

stevers likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?