Ride registry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike, Jul 16, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Mikie, I know you are thinking about this. But I gotta go riding, so I put this thread up for now.

Post your ride details, then when your done, come back and edit your post to include “I did it” or something like that.

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I won't even derail it. :thumbsup:

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Tomorrow, Tuesday July 17 6:40am, I’ll be dropped off at the upper end of Clear Creek Trail on Hwy 50 and Golf Course Rd above Carson City NV. I’ll descend and climb the trail to the point where the new spur is being constructed west (right turn) toward Tahoe Rim Trail. I’ll take that new spur as far as it’s built (possibly to the TRT; it’s slated to become a connector). Then I’ll reverse, dropping the new spur and continuing down CCT to Carson City/basecamp.

These trails are shown on Trailforks. The new spur is not shown on MTBProject. I rode Clear Creak Trail once before without the spur.

I estimate checking back in around noon.

10:07am: Back at basecamp. I expected the spur to be longer and tougher...3 gentle miles was all. Another fun run on Clear Creek Trail.

4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    We already have several of these types of threads.

Mikie likes this.
  5. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    What do you suggest if it comes to around 3pm and you are MIA?

mike, Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Have @SnakeCharmer send up smoke signals....:whistling:

mike, Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    What would be powerful (and cool) is the imtbtrails RideBuddy App.
    • Download the imtbtrails App to your phone
    • Register with imtbtrails...naturally.:sneaky:
    • Set up your contacts.
    • Load your STRAVA rides.
    • Pick the ride of the day
    • Hit go!
    • When the ride is complete, the App forces you to hit “complete”.
    • If you don’t complete the ride and say you are stopped for a certain length of time, the app will remind you to click, “I’m Okay!” at certain time points until you get moving again, or you click, “Send Help!”
    • If you don’t respond within a predesignated timeline, it will ask again. With no response it will have an audible countdown then blast a Text to your emergency contacts.
    • By clicking “Send Help”, The App will send notification to your designated contacts, and uses the Sattilite positioning already built into every smart phone out there to let them know where you are.
    I guess this is actually on the market, right? This one is more bike related and has the imtbtrails cool factor.

8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Share your vast knowledge of MTB and trails with a person who might join the thread.

Probably better for local rides that many of you know every inch of. But no, no action needed. To my thinking just an info portal with my plans in digital/shareable form. And a wealth of knowledge. Thanks, D.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?