Pearl Izumi Pro Gel Vent gloves

Discussion in 'Gloves' started by scan, Sep 14, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Wow , no glove reviews yet!! Well I just replaced some Giro bravo full finger gloves.

1st of all I like ventilated gloves for our warm temps, and like some palm padding. I do XC/trail riding, not a lot of chunk so knuckle protection not needed.

Shopped around and looked at Fox gel Rangers, and then saw these Pearl Iz gloves. They were a little more than I like to spend on gloves but the features were what I was looking for. A cool (pun intended) feature is the gel pads are perforated for ventilation and part of the top of the glove is lighter for more ventilation. The thumb and index fingers have the conductivity feature to use your phone too. The velcro tabs are on the outside part of the wrist which is the first time I've had this type. I prefer just having pull on type, but kind of minor.

These are pics after 2 rides. Will have to see how durable they are.

IMG_20170914_163052.jpg

IMG_20170914_163041.jpg

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thanks, @scan ! Are the palms leather or synth?

Danmtchl likes this.
  3. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Here's the skinny on Pearl Izumi products...

You know that new discount mall they have in south Orange County - Outlets @ San Clemente? They have a Pearl Izumi shop there. They sell last year's merchandise at big discounts - even including last year's gloves and last year's sunglasses.

Now I don't know the difference between a 2016 gel glove and a 2017 gel glove... so I buy em up like Black Friday LED Televisions!

4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I think its that synth leather, can't remember what they call it:bang:.

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  5. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Dont forget the fleece snot spot!

Danmtchl likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?