Other Worldly

Here's what Gee had to say after Pinkbikers told him he was insane...

Atherton Comment.png

Go a little wrong? Ummmmm.... A little wrong would be fatal.

Last edited:
Well written. Those of us mountain bikers who push the limit on safety, who are "thrill seekers", live those exact words to some extent.
Gee appears to have no regard for his own well being. Witness his Hardline crash of two years ago, or his helicopter ride out of Rampage this year.

But I have spoken with him personally and was only 33 seconds slower than him in a Fontana DH in 2011! So I bask in his reflected glory!

Fun fact: For those that recall that Fontana DH usually has a separate course for Pro/Expert than for Sport/Beginner, this was one rare race that everyone was on the same (fairly tame) course. Rachel was in a sling, but Gee raced, and I think Dan did too. Danny MacAskill tried racing, but fell on a two foot drop and did his shoulder on a practice run.

Last edited:
Gee appears to have no regard for his own well being. Witness his Hardline crash of two years ago, or his helicopter ride out of Rampage this year.

But I have spoken with him personally and was only 33 seconds slower than him in a Fontana DH in 2011! So I bask in his reflected glory!

Fun fact: For those that recall that Fontana DH usually has a separate course for Pro/Expert than for Sport/Beginner, this was one rare race that everyone was on the same (fairly tame) course. Rachel was in a sling, but Gee raced, and I think Dan did too. Danny MacAskill tried racing, but fell on a two foot drop and did his shoulder on a practice run.
He survived a helicopter ride out, I survived a helicopter ride out. Didn't you survive one, too? Helicopter rides out are overrated.

Back