On Bike storage...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danimal, Mar 2, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    One UP EDC 100cc pump with a Jank dart tool for me. I went this direction because its super easy to swap between bikes.

Faust29, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I read the thread title and was expecting a philosophical essay about how, when and where to store one's bike. :gag::Roflmao

I just use my scrotum bag to hold the tube, tire lever, zip ties, multi-tool and maybe my car key.

The water bottle(s) go in the cages on the frame.

Faust29, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 6 others like this.
  3. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    You have the one up multi tool in the pump too?
    I've looked at that, but have pumps, co2, multi tools etc...and was thinking if it was worth it to change as I've accumulated a lot of chit.

And @Runs with Scissors I had a seat bag and liked it, but the tire rubbed a hole in it, and now I see so did the seat tube. So :( have to change .

Faust29, Mikie, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  4. Lost Kiwi

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yeah I run the multi tool in the pump, the Jank dart tool screws into the C02 thread, I leave it permanently screwed in so its ready to go if I puncture. I also could use the large canister to carry more if I wanted but don't feel the need. The stans darts are stuffed in the top section with the multi tool, theres a little space they fit nicely into. Thats plenty for short rides, if I go further afield then I carry a hip pack which has an extra water bottle, tube, zip ties etc. I don't bother with C02 cartridges. Next time we catch up for a ride I'll show you, its a very elegant solution.
    The one up bracket mounts the pump off to the side of your water bottle bosses, Jank make a mount to put it inline if you want (and have space), it looks really clean, I was considering it but then wouldn't have room for a water bottle as well.

Faust29, Mikie, herzalot and 4 others like this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @Runs with Scissors has never dropped his seat down in his life, and his frame does not articulate towards his tire, so he will never rub a hole in a seat bag. He also never actually goes down hill! Where Mark rides, it's uphill both ways! :confused:

Oaken, Faust29, Danimal and 2 others like this.
  6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    In the snow!!!

Faust29, Danimal, CBone and 3 others like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Barefoot!

8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I've been mulling over all this info on what to use in order to get the pack off my back for the shorter rides ( which is most of them) and have the multi tool, chain tool and pump available. After checking out @Lost Kiwi OneUp edc tool and pump combo I've been thinking that it pretty much solves the problem, and as he said quite elegantly too.

So yesterday I pulled the trigger and ordered the EDC tool and 100cc pump on world wide cyclery with a discount coupon and free shipping to boot.

Didn't order the plug tool as have the Stan's dart and Simon showed me he has his elegantly part of the tool. So guess what, you get to show me how you did it!

With bikes getting better and more reliable, the tools don't get used near as much as they used to. Almost seems unnecessary to have them, but just in case it will be there...:)

With this addition I'll have a good smattering of OneUp goodies on the bike.

9. Lost Kiwi

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I got this https://jankcomponents.com/products/love-dart-edc-pump-stans-dart-add-on but you can also machine down the stans dart and slot it in the storage container. I've got a messed up dart tool we can have a play with in the shed. When you're no longer diseased come up for a beer and we can point at things, hit stuff with a hammer and pretend we know stuff.

10. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Pointing and pretending I know stuff, I'm a pro at that. So yeah, once I'm no longer typhoid Mary I'll bring the beer and see it we can make it work.

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    The OneUp pump and tool are the best I've ever used, and I have a drawer full of pumps and multitools.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?