My truck broken into and robbed

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by bigringrider101, Nov 10, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    I was going to keep this to myself but on a second thought people should know so they can avoid this area.

Saturday I met Ross at a Park & Ride located right under the intersection of 118 and 210 Fwys. We carpooled to go ride the Cannell trail, which I knew it would be an all day deal.
    The truck was parked and locked from 5:00 AM to 8:30 PM. When we got back I immediately noticed that the combo lock on the truck's shelf was missing. When I checked. 6 tool bags with mostly hand tools and small power tools were gone.
    I don't know exactly how much they took. My guesstimate is at about $1200. It sucks. Try to avoid the area if you can. It is Pacoima and I should've known better.

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Mega bummed about this. :(
    Berni uses those tools to make a living! :x

Berni, I got some tools from my construction business. You can have them if there is anything I have you can use buddy! Be happy to donate them to you...

~Mikie

3. bigringrider101

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Thanks Mikie, I should be Ok. Do appreciate the offer and intention tho. I was lucky they could not get down the tail gate. I had twice the amount on tools under there. Also some of the bigger power tools at the jobsite. Most times I got almost every tool I own in my truck.

4. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    That absolutely %@#^%^^%)) BLOWS!! To steal a man’s tools is about as low as someone can get. Only thing worse would be a bike and not even sure that is worse.
    Sorry Bernie, I’ve been where you are a few times it sucks!

5. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    I really despise thieves ...

Karma baby, karma.

6. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    So! Sorry to hear that Bern,, Years ago my truck was stolen from where I teach ,it was parked right across the street from a Park and ride lot .. Bad things happen to people when they do bad things like steal a man's work tools! just plan low.. Take care, Bern ,, hugs, from mikie and me

7. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    After such a great day on the trails....I felt like someone punched ME in the gut. Sorry for the loss Berni......

8. bigringrider101

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Thanks for the moral support people. This was the first time that has happened to me. It did sickened me to the stomach. So much that I've been thinking about setting a bate car and just wait behind some bushes or something with bats.

9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I'm in! :thumbup:

10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    It blows that you got hit.

Save your vigilante-ism. Do you want to end up in jail over some lowlife tweaker? Put your energy into keeping your livelihood away from unattended situations that are ripe for pinching.

I know I'm not adding moral support. I'm just pissed off that my people continue to create prime opportunities for thieves.

11. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Duude that freaking sux. I know hindsight is 20/20 but you should have left your truck at my place... Sylmar is a more upscale version of pacoima :roll: