Monkey Piss needs THE BEAST for Barrett Stoddard

Discussion in 'Trail Maintenance' started by DangerDirtyD, May 13, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Mikie! We need the services of your mighty BEAST for a 6-mile stretch of overgrown/abandoned fire road that has become impassable. For the past 5 years we have been maintaining this trail as nature has been taking it back, but we are losing the battle. Please advise! What must I do to get you to bring THE BEAST to the party and save Barrett Stoddard!?

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :cry: I . . . I, never felt so wanted... :cry:

3. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Oh....you wanted to stick around? We were hoping you'd just drop off the equipment and pick it up at the end of the day. ;)

4. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    My bud and I rode this trail a little over a month ago and really enjoyed it, but as DangerDirtyD said, it is overgrown in many places and turns into a bush wack fest after a while. Most of the overgrown portion from what I remember was along the W Cucamonga single track portion.

The route we took was W Cucamonga Truck Trail to Barrett Stoddard all the way to Mt. Baldy Rd and then headed back the same way. This could be a great trail if there was some maintenance done. I'd be up for volunteering to help out with any trail work that needs to be done. Please keep me posted!!

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  5. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Thanks for drumming this back up> I got PM'ed by Triple D begging me to bring down THE BEAST. Sorry Dave about not getting back to you! :oops: Been swamped (with good stuff!)

I would consider hitting it up this Fall?

DDD? Will you (and your sinister lips) evah forgive me????

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  6. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Sinister...luscious...heavenly...they are lips O' plenty monikers. You know I love you Mikie! My local friends say the trail is rideable, but the speed is scrubbed in some spots from the encroaching Lilac. Within the next month or so I should be able to hike the trail and haul equipment for maintenance. Send me a PM and we can rendezvous in Upland. Mikie, you let me know anytime you're in the area or even simply passing by and I will offer you my finest olive oil.

Mikie likes this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Hey Mikie!!! Do you still have THE BEAST? Monkey Piss needs support to open up Barrett Stoddard. I have stinky cheese and the finest Greek olive oil for anyone who is interested in coming out to San Antonio Canyon to spend some time with me in the bush.

Mikie likes this.
  8. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    The BEAST is in repair Ahmeego...:(
    It's over 30 years old now and it is becoming quite tired unfortunately. It currently is in wait of new piston, rings, and head gasket as the cylinder is bored a 1st oversize. Hard to get parts for.

It's looking like I'm gonna have to replace The Beast in the somewhat near future... we go way back.

DangerDirtyD likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?