Meadows Part 3 (1-18-17)

Discussion in 'Trail Maintenance' started by kioti, Jan 17, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I know, crazy huh? Dirt's good and I gotta couple more projects I'd like to finish before the rain starts.

Anyone interested can post here and text me in the morning before 8:00. 949-456-2242.

I'm guessing a 9:00am start, but I'm flexible time wise. Thank you!

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Sounds like OC's best flow trail is about to get even flowier! :) Then the skies are going to demonstrate who is the flowiest. :unsure:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you... Master Shaper Jim!

Side note:
    As I rode past the top of Lynx on Monday, I looked up at that little side trail to see if it was climbable. MY GAWD - that little side trail that was a skinny little diversion just a few years ago is now 20' wide with three to four deep, substantial rain ruts down the middle of it. People just keep pushing the line into the weeds to avoid the ruts. That's where @littlewave 's brother ate chit and busted up his lip and mouth.

I am not suggesting you work on that section - but if you talk to the Rangers, perhaps they can put that on a list of places needing rehab. It's not a real/sanctioned section of trail, so I am guessing they will ignore it. Perhaps I'll go up there with pick and shovel after the rains subside and try to make it safer - and less likely to become 40' wide. :(

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @kioti the All time great Trail Jedi Mastahhh!

herzalot, kioti and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    ! I can't do it today because my one car is totaled, and my second car is in the shop for maintenance. You sure you want to do all this trail work the day before the biggest rains of the year?

herzalot, kioti and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  5. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Not really. Yesterday was a long day, and I feel it.

And no worries about not being able to help. We're just happy you and your family are alright!

Honestly, I wish I could be two places at once, and I'd do some additional drainage work on the STT. There are a couple spots that might fail if we get as much rain as predicted, but oh well.

My feeling is.. a few more hours on Meadows today could save days worth of repairs . Or not. Guess we'll know next week?

herzalot and littlewave like this.
  6. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Solo day on Meadows for @kioti. Got there at 11:00 and worked until dark. More drainage plus a little damage control/repair. It was a beautiful day and almost every rider was complimenting our crews' work.

I think we got a lot accomplished for the amount of time we had, and lets hope it holds. I'm comfortable knowing we did everything we could to repair minor damage from previous storms, tune up some formerly unloved turns, and prepare for the predicted onslaught.

tortoise, Grego, Luis and 8 others like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    You will all need this instructional video now before you ride Meadow. Please note the rare appearance of Marzocchi forks.

kioti and Luis like this.
  8. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    According to the Ranger, Aliso got 1" of rain last night.

9. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    That was the baby storm. Teenager storm is tonight and tomorrow. And then the mother is coming on Sunday.

kioti likes this.
  10. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Teenager's running a bit late.. looks like he/she's just showing up.

11. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    At our house, it has been raining all night long. I am SO glad I took care of some yard drainage issues last November.

kioti likes this.
  12. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    ^^Interesting. It just started at @ 6:00am up here by Cook's.

BonsaiNut likes this.
  13. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Baby and teenager have come and gone. The mother storm is here. And it is like a mother-in-law storm... keeps you from doing what you really want to be doing, and stays way too long :)

14. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I'm thinking Mommie Dearest.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?