Let’s play guess the new bike lead time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tick, Jan 28, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I’m home with the termite inspector today. Let’s see if my bike money is still there when he’s done :gotnothing:

Update: whew. A few spot treatments, and good to go for a while. Bike budget intact!

Mikie, Oaken, UPSed and 9 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    This came to my email today...

Revel In Stock.png

Mikie, senderos_949, tick and 7 others like this.
  3. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    What is the general state of bike shop revenue at the moment? I know they made out like bandits in the beginning of COVID, but if they're hurting for $ now because they don't have much to sell then I can see where they're coming from. Sounds like they could be smarter about how they go about it though. They should just build up and display the bike as they want to sell it.

Mikie, UPSed, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    While we’re waiting…

@tick, what is your build going to look like as it stands? The Rascal seems like such a useful platform. What’s the latest delivery estimate?

It’s hard to go wrong with modern gear. I got the Fox on my Ranger because I had to, I’m sure the Rockshox is great also. Loosening standards seems kind of like survival right now…

Mikie, UPSed, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  5. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I ordered it with mechanical X01 and Fox suspension. I’m expecting that when my frame arrives they will tell me what they have. So who knows?

Since I had to ask in June to find out that I wouldn’t get it in July, I’m not putting much faith in their new August date.

Mikie, Danmtchl, UPSed and 4 others like this.
  6. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    Got this in my email today - looks like GG has (somewhat) reduced lead times. And they claim to have more build kit options.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.22.34 PM.png

Mikie, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  7. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    I’m glad that I’m not looking to buy a new bike this year…knowing my lack of patience I would have compromised and over paid for a used bike on pink bike.

There are a few bikes I would like to test, but these type of opportunities have evaporated. My current 3 bike quiver cover all my needs (and skills).

Mikie, mike, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.
  8. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.30.09 AM.png

Mikie, tick, mike and 2 others like this.
  9. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    In searching for the New Bike Day thread, I came across this one, among many others. If you see my random posts, you know I have been demoing a Revel Ranger. When I picked up the demo on Friday, I asked the lead time. They said end of the year. As they were setting up the bike, a sales guy peeks over his computer and says they had two Johnny Green Jeans XT/Fox builds coming in on Monday. I was looking at black with the GX RockShox build. Well, I guess I better demo this thing and make a decision. After three days on the demo, I am sold on the Revel Ranger. This thread tells me I should take what's available now unless I want to wait and unknown amount of time. Thankfully, the XT to build comes with an all-new Fox Factory fork and I'm sure the Fox Factory shock is fine for me.

Mikie, mtbMike, tick and 15 others like this.
  10. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Ranger order is in! Promised date of August 11th at 9:37am. I'm guessing it will be sooner. :whistling:

Mikie, mtbMike, Faust29 and 16 others like this.
  11. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    47156DFD-AEE4-4A86-907B-E40C3817F045.jpeg

Walleye, Mikie, bvader and 11 others like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Awesome, Ed! :thumbsup:

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  13. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Got an update today from Revel, estimated ship date now 7/30-8/15. When I responded with “great, I’m in Carbondale until 7/30,” I was informed that it’s probably more like 8/15.

But they want their money by 7/30…just sent it out…

Congratulations to the Ranger buyers. Sounds like your bikes were on the fast boat.

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 7 others like this.
  14. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I actually got lucky. The build I was initially looking at was 4-6 months out. The day I picked up the rental, I was talking to the guy that was setting up the bike and one of the sales guys peeked over his computer and said they had two XT builds coming in on Monday. I jumped on one as I knew 4-6 months could be up to a year.

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 7 others like this.
  15. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Posted on MTBR today....

Screenshot_20210729-133632.jpg

~JB~, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 7 others like this.
  16. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Well, I have a bit of a quality dilemma , related to the topic of this thread. When I ordered my Spur directly from Transition a year ago I ended up finding one at a shop shortly after placing the order. This was about the time that they released the Sentinel, which really piqued my interest, so I asked if I could switch the order to a Sentinel, knowing it would be a while before I received it. They did, and told me at the time that I'd get it in April. No deposit was ever taken. I never followed up after that, nor did I receive any further communication. Honestly, I pretty much forgot about it, and assumed that it was probably lost in the ether, especially since I never even placed a deposit like other buyers have apparently had to do.

Well, got an email from Transition yesterday that my bike should ship to me in a couple of weeks. I'm a little conflicted about how to proceed. Given the current market I'm sure I could easily offload it if I ride it and find that I still prefer my Smash. Conversely, the Smash is running great and leaves little if anything to be desired for me at the moment, and I'm sure there's probably somebody (ok, a lot of somebodies) that could really use that Sentinel if I cancelled my order and released it back into the pool. Of course, I guess there's also someone that could use a lightly used Sentinel, or a more used Smash. Fresh bike, fresh components, and a market that should command a decent price for the outgoing sounds good too. Hopefully this doesn't all sound too crass. It's an embarrassment of riches under the circumstances, for sure.

~JB~, Mikie, SnakeCharmer and 13 others like this.
  17. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    NOW HEAR THIS! We got an extra bike here! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who goes all in better than anyone I have ever met?
    This guy: @buggravy :cool:

I would receive the Sentinel, dial it in, ride it back to back against the Smash, and sell the least favorite after swapping your favorite compatible components onto the bike you plan to keep.

~JB~, Walleye, Mikie and 12 others like this.
  18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    ^^^This^^^
    I'd like to think I felt a wee bit guilty knowing that it will take less than two weeks to get my bike when some people have already been waiting six months. Heck, I didn't even know about the bike until a few weeks ago. All I know is there are bikes out there if you're willing to do a little searching.

19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Why not?

I think it's imperative that you have all of your mt. bikes from the same brand. Symmetry.

Rack of Knollys.JPG

~JB~, Mikie, Old&InTheWay and 12 others like this.
  20. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Or you could just sell me your Spur @buggravy and problem solved...:rolleyes:

21. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Nice Bontrager XR4s! Those are what I'm running on the Bonanza.

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  22. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Hey now, there are plenty of folks on here that have had a LOT more bikes than me in the time that I've been here. I went on a bit of a tear when I was first getting my feet wet with MTB again, figuring out what I like, etc., but I've had the Smash (including in its Pistola form) for two and a half years now. I mean, it's still a puppy in many ways, but it's not like I just got it.

Ha, fat chance :p;)!

23. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I LOVE Symmetry!

~JB~, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  24. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    @buggravy, nice dilemma!

Riding both sounds like the ticket. I've read numerous comments about the Sentinel being a big, heavy bike that doesn't climb particularly well. FWIW. You'll have your own opinion – have fun getting there.

Mikie, AKAKTM, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I have a similar pic with my two matching Yetis, but I have to find it. Even better than the Knillys!

Mikie, Cyclotourist, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  26. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yes. I ran them once. They were fine.

27. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  28. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I was just chatting with a high-volume Niner dealer in Las Vegas. Frame delivery has been pushed back to 2022! I was definitely at the right place at the right time last Friday!

Danmtchl, mike, Faust29 and 12 others like this.
  29. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Been developing an itch for a new build. My wife says, "Make it so." :thumbsup: I blame it on hooliganism, you bahstahds! :)

Danmtchl, mike, Danimal and 8 others like this.
  30. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Just got the call today that my new frame is being shipped to the bike shop so I should have it in the next week or so. Pretty much right at 2 months since the order was placed. This is the first time that I’ve ever had to wait more than just the time it took to ship for a bike or frame to arrive.

Danmtchl, mike, Faust29 and 12 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?