Lawn Dart.....Dumbass

Discussion in 'Videos' started by mtnbikej, Jul 13, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    After the first attempt, you would think he would make the transition a little bit better. o_O

herzalot, mike, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Sadly, there is a chance he will reproduce.

herzalot, mike, Mikie and 1 other person like this.
  3. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

No words!

mike, mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    That's CAPTAIN... Dumazz to you pal.............o_O

mike and mtnbikej like this.
  5. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Unfortunately, it seems that most people think that's what mtbers do!

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Fat Nick? How could it go so wrong?

"I missed the landing."

LOL!!!!!! TFPU!

Adrenaline is not always your friend.

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  7. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    First of all... WHY??? o_O

Second of all... what tires is he running? The cornering grip suck ASS on those :rolleyes:

Third of all... WHY??? x3 :stop:

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What an asshat!

Mikie likes this.
  9. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I like the NORBA sticker on his brainless bucket....

Cyclotourist, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    National Organization of Really Brainless Asshats... :thumbsup:

My question is - would Mr. NORBA have done this if there were no GoPros and no YouTube to prompt and reinforce Jackassery? Probably not. It's all about the "look at me - validate me" culture.

(Please "like" this post.)

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I showed this one to the wife last night... Her comment? "You know... This is what normal people think all of you guys do."

Cyclotourist, Redman, rossage and 4 others like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    It's really just a variation of 4 year old boys jumping off rungs of a ladder at a playground, trying to be the one brave enough to jump from the highest rung. We never learn, never stop trying to outdo each other and never cease to be amazed at how we can temporarily thwart Newton's laws. That's what suspension is all about! We also mistakenly believe that girls/women are impressed by this.

Having a little daughter at the same playground made me realize that for the most part, boys and girls are wired differently. While she still thrived on "look at me" validation, it was less about throwing, jumping, swinging sticks and squashing bugs, and more about creating a fantasy world in which the slide is a portal to a magic tower.

That probably explains why girls and women are so much better at eye rolling than boys. Feigned admiration and endless tolerance of self destructive shenanigans and tomfoolery. Some boys/men just don't have the proper self-preservation filter in place, and would rather be injured or dead than not get attention for doing something "brave" (i.e. incredibly stupid).

13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    No doubt, looking for a youtube virus thingy....
    Even the disaster could make that happen. it's a win win...?o_O

herzalot, gunga din and mtnbikej like this.
  14. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Good thing he had those goggles on! And the number plate....

Mikie, herzalot, gunga din and 2 others like this.
  15. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I see it very differently. I see a young guy with determination, blind focus on attaining what he wants, a refusal to accept "No," for an answer.
    Give this kid an MBA and a couple of near date rape convictions and you've got prime wall street material.

Mikie, Grego, yvettessherpa and 3 others like this.
  16. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I too find admirable qualities in this guy's gusto. Just getting perched on the ledge with the bike seems difficult, let alone sending it onto the dirt 20'-30' below. I find that trying it 3 times is better than failing once and going home, or even not trying it at all. He quit once his body could not handle another impact. I want guys like that on my team, both on the field and in the office. The quitters and the timid can stick to the AYSO fields or play in the In-House leagues. Don't even bother coming to work.

Mikie, Grego, Redman and 1 other person like this.
  17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Aye, DDD and S9B. I have to admit that I see shades of myself in this guy, and thus have some sympathy. Doing things the hard (possibly dumb) way; determined beyond reason...despite negative consequences. So I'm not gonna lambaste the dood, just be entertained. :thumbsup:

Mikie, Grego and DangerDirtyD like this.
  18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Hmmm, I'll try not to be offended at that and will retort with - I don't want dumb people taking stupid risks at work, nor people on my team that are seeking glory for themselves. Tough people? Sure. Determined people? You bet - but the context matters.

There is courageous, and then there is stupid. It may be a fine line, but this guy crossed it - repeatedly.

Mikie and sir crashalot like this.
  19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I respect someone who tries and fails more than someone who doesn't try. Stupid is not knowing the risk and doing something anyway. The guy has skill, knew the risk, tried multiple times, and walked away – good for him. And that third attempt was not so far from sticking it.

Mikie, DangerDirtyD and Cornholio like this.
  20. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    it turned into stupid and foolish when he opted not to pack down his landing and fix that speed bump at the bottom after his first feeble attempt. He could have rode out the 3rd try if he fixed his landing.

21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I work on "Wall Street" and comments like this give me a chuckle. What profession are you in so that I can partake in some hasty generalizations?

As for the video... I was mostly impressed with his trials skills before the drop!

22. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    My bad, I can admit that was low hanging fruit. I did base it on generalization and a few guys I went through school with. On the flip side, I work in non profit and my boss is a wonderful person who's a former "Wall Street," exec.

Mikie and Cornholio like this.
  23. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    The context is a skilled rider trying to overcome a challenging obstacle. It would be stupid for you and me to try such a trick, but ostensibly 20'-30' drops is the type of riding this guy does all the time. He appeared to be in his element, and to me it makes total sense for him to attempt it if he wanted to, even multiple times. He had the correct equipment, but like @Redman said, his mistake is failing to make adjustments from lessons learned, if any. That is where a decent manager, or in this case his sidekick, should have stepped in to offer insight. The only person who should legitimately claim this person stupid is the security guard, who's job would be in jeopardy if the bro got seriously hurt.

A principal or an archaeologist trying to be a pipeline welder or a doctor...that is an out-of-context scenario where stupidity is risky. This guy wasn't competing with anyone but himself. And posting his shenanigans on the Internet should be something to which we all can relate.

24. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Mikie likes this.
  25. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    One more time!

Mikie and Cornholio like this.
  26. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Just picking at a nit...technically that would fail due to ignorance and not necessarily stupidity. :geek::whistling:

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  27. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Ha! You should know where your limitations lie and not try to fake it when only one's A game applies. Ignorance is a 4th-year medical student in the ER, not an archaeologist welding high-pressure pipelines, which would be utterly dumb to attempt. This guy is a mountain biker trying to ride his mountain bike. Makes total sense to me he would test his limits on the mountain bike. Granted there is no mountain, but a 30' ledge is commensurate with a 30' cliff, whereas a school principal and a guy who studies garbage should not build pipelines or diagnose illnesses.

Mikie, mike and Runs with Scissors like this.
  28. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Is there no value in minimal means? In climbing, you don't alter the problem to suit lack of skill. You do it – or try to – as-is.

I like that the landing had been easier during scoping sessions, but he still tried it after it was altered. Stupid or whatever you choose to call it, it's a fun game. We don't alter tough sections of trails so we can succeed. Well, some do.

DangerDirtyD and Grego like this.
  29. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Props for Dylan for giving it a shot. This guy is no noob.

Cyclotourist, DangerDirtyD and mike like this.
  30. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Props indeed. No noob – just a "brainless, stupid, foolish dumbass asshat." (Who could easily put any of the name callers to shame with his skills.)

He probably has no dependents. Unlike some breadwinners here who keep getting hospital time doing blue runs – and still keep doing them and crashing out of control.

DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?