It's always an adventure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Y-not, Oct 16, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 6, Litespeed SS
    Every ride is an adventure, that's why I keep riding.
    Every ride is an escape, that's why I keep riding.
    Every ride bring me back to being a kid, that's why I keep riding.

Today was an adventure.
    I put new rotors on my bike and decided to go for a ride. Every time I even thought about going left, my front brake would squeeeeeeel.....
    Stoped at the "Kissing gate" ( don't ask)
    and used the tool and tire pump kiosk, provided by an Eagle Scout, to re-align my front brake. No more squeel. Was I fustrated, no. Just part of the adventure.

Continue the adventure.

Next was the ghost shifitng on the derailer. Why was it was stuck in the smallest cog and the shifter wouldn't change gears ? I was headed to the steepest climb of the ride, only time will tell. Ended walking, pushing, the bike up the hill. Stoped at the top and looked at the rear derailer and saw the cable came loose from the clamp.
    Re-installed the cable made the adjustments and off into the sunset I rode. Was I mad, no just part of the adventure.
    About a mile from the parking lot I got this stabbing pain on my left foot below my toes. I need to figure this one out.......the adventure continues.

After 50+ years the adventure never ceases to challenge me physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Enjoy the adventure known as Mountain biking. I do

~JB~, scan, Oaken and 10 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Love that! Love your attitude. We are lucky for each day, so never take it for granted, and don't get mad at squealing brakes, non-shiftng derailleurs or even stabbing pains in your toe. OK, maybe you can get mad at the latter.

The adventure continues...

scan, Voodoo Tom and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?