I think I'll stick to the dirt...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Jul 29, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

But that just comes down to people.....some snowflakes are always looking for a reason to be offended.

Mikie, Faust29, mike and 3 others like this.
  2. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    I was trying to be nice. But like your way with words better.

Mikie, Faust29, mike and 3 others like this.
  3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

It’s ok.....the only ones that are going to be offended are the snowflakes. :rolleyes:

Mikie, mike, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Been intentionally run off the road several times (+ accidentally-- or too close for comfort-- many others), had stuff thrown at me, got shot at, honked at, yelled at.. a woman in Silverado actually blocked the road with her car, got out and yelled at my friends and me (we'd been riding single file on the edge of the road). Have had friends injured and even killed by distracted, sleepy or angry drivers. Have seen the signs go up in Santiago Canyon to "Watch for motorcyclists," but not for cyclists-- who are a lot more vulnerable and have also been hit and killed on that road (while in the bike lane). Asked for and was dismissed concerning a "Watch for/Share the road with bicyclists" sign on Modjeska Grade Road. Have had a car pass me (and the vehicles it was overtaking) on the right at 70(?) mph while I rode in the 'designated by traffic engineer' bike lane between the highway and right-turn lanes in Santiago Canyon at Santiago Estates on the STT/Luge route (I ride next to the curb now). Finally gave up on dedicated road riding when cell phone-use-while-driving went mainstream and lycra was my only defense. Still ride road to get to/complete mtb rides, but try to limit exposure and generally ride as if invisible.

Snowflake out.

5. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    One day I woke up in a hospital bed, not knowing how I got there. I was told that I had been in a coma for 2 weeks. I had been struck by a speeding vehicle that made some kind unsafe lane change to pass another vehicle, they said. No recall of the event. Fractured skull and other broken bones. It happened on Telegraph Road in Pico Rivera. I was nine years at the time. I prefer riding on dirt for many reasons. One of them is feeling that I'm much more in control of my own destiny.

Mikie, mike, kioti and 9 others like this.
  6. Oh my goodness. Thanks for sharing. Whenever people tell me MTB is dangerous(which it is) i am sure to make the point that a tree, rock, or cactus will never make a left turn in front of me.

Mikie, mike, kioti and 9 others like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Well said, and well experienced.

Roadies are far more courageous than mt. bikers - for they have almost 0 control over whether they live to ride another day.

Faust29, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.