Herz's Opportunity to Ride Somewhere...

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by ridinrox, Jul 2, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Different Ride!!

Actually this is knucklebuster's ride but I'm putting the invite out to all:

Where: BlueJay Campground/San Juan Trail
    Meet: 8:30am BlueJay Campground
    When: Fri. July 3rd

knucklebuster, mtbbiker and I are already committed to this ride - hope some of you can join us.

2. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    8:30 start time from Blue Jay...perfect. I'm in.

It's been a while since I've ridden SJT. Last time I got caught in a downpour from Cocktail. I won't forget that ride.

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Wait......so you are going to ride down then pedal back up?

4. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    It's Dave's ride, ask him. I don't bother w the details...I just ride where I'm told. :p

5. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Sweet!! Look forward to meeting you......

6. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Thanks Rox for posting this.

Route plan is, from Blue Jay, around the lollipop counterclockwise, Viejo Tie and down Chiquito to the waterfall, then climb back up to Blue Jay. Looks like 12-13 miles, 2000-2500 feet by my best estimate. Gonna be warm (86 is what NOAA says, but it often feels warmer out there). Much of the climb on the loop from the meadow up to Cocktail is in the shade (tho some HAB, for me anyway). The climb back up Chiquito to SJT is also mostly shade. All singletrack, some flowy, some techy mild to wild (rock bridge rollers on VT and Chiquito).

Route could change based on what others want to do, how hot it is, etc... I plan for an easy pace, maybe session some rock rollers/features. We've got 5 confirmed so far including SoCal Rider...

Edit/add: I didn't realize Friday is a holiday for many. Could be busy up there at the trail head and the lollipop. Usually don't see too much traffic on Viejo Tie and Chiquito.

7. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    NO WAY!!!! HERZ IS GOING????? :lol:

8. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    shrug. Got a confirm from Mike as #5

9. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    YAY!! Haven't seen or ridden w him since Bell Ridge. I thought maybe it was my other friend that disowned me... Craig says to me: How many people have you pissed off?? My answer: A lot!! :lol:

10. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Dang, already committed to an invite to go to SS Friday, otherwise... Thanks for posting.

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    AAAAAACCCKKKKK! All the stars are aligned on this one - almost. It's in my 'hood, I have the day off, I'm jonesin' to ride and would love to ride some new stuff and then this...

"I need to meet the tile installers at the house tomorrow at 8am, so you need to watch Ruby..." AAAAARRRGGGH - Love my daughter, love my wife, but this ride - and the people attending - sounds like a lot of fun.

I wonder if Ruby will fit in my hydration pack? She's not quite got her bike dialed yet, so she can't join us. :wtf: :lolno:

Looks like I will be riding at about 11am somewhere in OC - probably the usual routes, if anyone wants to sleep in and join me.

12. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    ^^So close ...

Have a good ride Herz!

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Lots of pics please, Rox, Dave and Craig! Or, if you don't want to blow your flow, some good descriptive sentences will have to suffice. :wave: :thumbup:

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?