Golden Eagle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stkx66, May 6, 2024.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    Does anyone happen to know if the road that goes up behind Golden Eagle is open? Last year I tried to take the Mrs. to see poppies and the gate was closed. Thanks.

2. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    if it is closed, go up to the Gorman off ramp and head into Hungry Valley SRVA. I have never seen as many wildflowers as there. So many kinds, they blanket the entire valleys especially towards Frazier Mountain. When driving through you start to feel sorry for the ones under your tires.

3. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
  4. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
  5. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Trailforks says 7n23 is graded and open. Sorry, don't know why the link does not work.

Cyclotourist likes this.
  6. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    We made it to the location we wanted to go to today near the top of Golden Eagle. 7n23 was graded and open. We didn't encounter any other drivers coming the other way on the narrow single wide road. We saw a few SxS buggies that came up the road but they turned around and headed back down so they were not an issue regarding road travel. Sparse on the poppie scene! Just a few but that's ok. The Mrs. and I had a quiet afternoon with our 3 dogs in tow. **This last pic was at the same location with all the poppies was from May of 2020.-

IMG_9557.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

IMG_9566.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

IMG_4484.jpeg

7. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Sssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    We've had a cool Spring so far so the blooms seem to be a little behind sched this year. I am finally just now starting to see the mustards take off on the hillsides along the freeways and foothills where I see them year after year every Spring.

~JB~, Stkx66, Old&InTheWay and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?