Friday (tomorrow) is looking good! Santa Anas ride...

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mike, Jan 7, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 01-08-16
  1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Yo, check out the break in the storm action...better beat back that jones while ya can.

A few options in the forest should be just fine. I'm thinking Holy Jim to Upper Joplin to Joplin to Caddy, with possible extra credit to the summit before dropping Upper Joplin.

I'm not looking to milk the day, as I have family in town – just a fun little loop over the hill. Holler if ya wanna join. There is negligible mud on this route, and low potential for heavy erosion damage on the ST.

It's gonna be beautiful out. Get after it however ya can...

rossage and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  2. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    What time?

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Howzbout 8am at HJ parking area? Or name it, Strandie.

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    A few options exist for anyone not wanting to ride this whole loop/spur. Reversing at any point rewards with some of the best ST in the forest. Upper Holy Jim is possible and was just fixed by some selfless Warriors. HJ proper is guaranteed primo after any rain. Upper Joplin, Upper HJ and HJ makes a great DH circuit without the commitment of Joplin.

I'd still bring a jacket...the overgrowth holds a lot of water.

rossage likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?