Fortnite owner huge land donor in NC

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Oct 14, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    If I were a billionaire, I would probably do something similar - buy up huge swathes of land and donate to conservation groups for undeveloped use. Tim Sweeney is the founder of Epic Games - the developer of the blockbuster hit "Fortnite". They are based in Cary, NC (just outside of Raleigh).

The guy currently owns at least 56,000 acres in the state.

Tim Sweeney donates 7,500 acres of mountain land to Southern Appalachian Conservancy.

2. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Thanks for posting. That was a good read. It's uplifting (and hopefully an example to be followed) to see someone use their preposterous wealth for the benefit of others and the land. Better yet that it's in my home state. :thumbsup:

3. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Yeah, I've got nothing negative to say about the guy... he truly started the company 30 years ago in his parent's house. They only became mega-huge with the launch of Fortnite in 2017. Up until then he was only worth $100's of millions and not billions :)

Cyclotourist and OTHRider like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?