Deputies investigating discovery of body in Holy Jim Canyon near Santiago Peak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtnbikej, Nov 16, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Deputies investigating discovery of body in Holy Jim Canyon near Santiago Peak

Nov. 16, 2016

Updated 4:30 p.m.

BY SCOTT SCHWEBKE / STAFF WRITER
    Authorities are investigating the discovery of a body found Wednesday in Holy Jim Canyon near Santiago Peak.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department was notified of the body around 10 a.m., said Lt. Mark Stichter.

A Sheriff’s Department helicopter airlifted deputies to the remote location, and they confirmed the individual was deceased, he said.

Information about the name, gender and age of the individual as well as whether foul play is suspected were not immediately available.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the death along with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, which has jurisdiction over the area where the body was found, Stichter said.

Mikie and Grassblade23 like this.
  2. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I don't think much of Holy Jim is in Riverside County.
    It must be up near Main Divide.
    Would like to see more details.

Mikie likes this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    My wife just asked me if I heard about this... Apparently it was a student from the local high school.

Mikie likes this.
  4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Are you confirming this? Or did you just hear a rumor? I just checked both the OC County Sheriff and the Riverside County Sheriff Coroner releases, and neither county mentions anything about it (which is unusual because it is usually a matter of public record).

The body is that of an adult male, Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputy Mike Vasquez said.

Mikie likes this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Not confirming... my son graduated last year and heard that it was a current senior, which could be an adult male. I'm not at home, so haven't talked to him for more details... I'm in NY until next weekend.

I saw the lack of details in the news after she asked me about it. There are, unfortunately, scenarios that are kept quieter than usual. I've seen many firsthand, sadly.

Whoever it was, and whatever the circumstances, I feel for the family.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?