@Cornholio, this one's for you.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kioti, Oct 3, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I almost ran out of daylight today, but wanted to get in a ride and dedicate it to our brother @Cornholio, who's going through a tough time right now.

No time to check tire pressure, and suspension was obviously deflated and over plush, but what the hell. Dude's flat on his back and in pain and the least I can do is knock out a few pedal strokes.

Into Whiting at the stables and down Vulture View /Sage Scrub to Sleepy Hollow. Still some light out so I climbed Sleepy, then turned around and rolled back down. Down Whiting Road and a sharp left to climb Concourse, which takes me home.

The last time I made this climb I heard something in a big oak tree on the left side of the road. It sounded like a bobcat that got startled and jumped off a limb; then skee-daddled through the dry leaves and brush. A few days and reported sightings later I wondered if it wasn't that mountain lion. :unsure: Whatever.. the fact it was running AWAY seemed like a good response for a well-behaved predator in a family-oriented wilderness park.

So Mr. Cornholio, hope that provides a vicarious thrill and lifts your spirit a bit. Hang in there, and know you're on our minds and good vibes are being sent your way.

Cyclotourist, mike, Cornholio and 9 others like this.
  2. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Awesome, thanks for the uplifting post! Things are looking up, I may even try to pedal around later this week but will have to ease into it. When I am back to decent strength I'd like to get out there with ya!

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'm sorry I missed your post in the "didn't ride" thread the other day... Very glad to hear that you may be close to pedaling again.

4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Hey, that's good news! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better! Take your time, and sure, let's go for an easy spin when you feel up to it. I look forward to meeting you.

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    More good vibes for Corn-powered biking...hope you get your ethanol pumping soon, bro!