Coin of the Realm

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Old&InTheWay, Nov 8, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    I originally assumed that I would stealthily glide into the website in a safe and sane low risk mode, but I read the fine print of the acceptance agreement and it strictly prohibits suchlike behavior.
    I had read the posted passage," The segment of Main Divide between Hagador and Motorway has a
    sound of music quality to it." Wow fantastic. I felt compelled to offer up some expansion on that theme. I
    searched the internet looking for a mountain biking appropriate article, but I couldn't find anything.
    Fortunately the website itself serves as an excellent source of reference and the new membership kit
    contains a poetic license which one is encouraged to use. So I took the named passage and combined it with
    others such as- "pedaling is the soul of mountain bike riding, after four hours I'm in the meditative mode,
    the elixir, space aliens who built the pyramids." I took advantage of the gold mine of Tailwind witticisms and
    drew from the website's general content. I took the liberty of treating these things as if they were pieces of a puzzle to be put together to form a picture. I have plagiarized, paraphrased, purloined, twisted and spun a
    bunch of stuff to create an epic poem of sorts. In three parts. In Fun the coin of the realm.

Oaken, Mikie, Torrent77 and 12 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    You fit right in...what took you so long?

Mikie, Torrent77, Luis and 5 others like this.
  3. Old&InTheWay

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    IMG is the best!

Mikie, Luis, mike and 1 other person like this.
  5. Old&InTheWay

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    The Pyramids were not built by flying saucer yielding aliens from a distant galaxy. This comes from a sensationalized misunderstanding of the extremely ancient symbol the Winged disc. They were constructed by human beings who populated the planet prior to the end of The Great Ice Age Around 12,000 B.C. The difference between them and us is that at that time the higher functions of their brains were active while at this time ours lie dormant. They had rays and beams we know not of, far superior machine tools and could levitate blocks of stone weighing thousands of tons. Unlike our modern methods of rape and pillage,their life style and technologies were based on living in harmony with nature.
    Plato witnessed this in hieroglyphics on the obelisk he was shown in Egypt, and he speaks of this in his dialogues on Atlantis. Pythagoras is said to have developed his system of mathematics after observing one of the originals that had survived the deluge. As a result, his and many other societies, prospered for about seven hundred years. The Mountain Bike was the vehicle of initiation in the Mystery Schools. At that time the Gnosis was only given orally and
    it was thought that little if any of the instructions had been had been put into writing.
    After the fall of the Roman Empire, The Wisdom was debased and wrongly called paganism. The institutions of higher learning were shut down and ignorance and superstition reigned supreme. The Mountain Bike was slandered and a centuries long campaign was begun to erase it from the minds of the populace. Fortunately before the fanatics burned down the Library at Alexandria an extremely rare and priceless Scroll was secreted out and preserved.
    After a thousand year reign of terror, a pivotal figure emerged, named Francis bacon. It is said that in his travels he gained access to the Scroll. As a direct heir to the Throne of England, for many reasons he could not publish in his given name. He adopted the nom de plume William Shakespeare. This is a fact and that is confirmed by his contemporaries. The Spear is emblematic of Athena the Goddess of Wisdom. Bacon was also the executive editor of the King James Bible. In the first edition he hid in the art work of the engraved title, images of mountain biking and included other hidden keys throughout the volume. When this was discovered, a frantic effort was launched to try and withdraw all copies from circulation. This was the beginning of the end of the Dark Ages.
    Recently a group of pioneers, mostly in California, reverse engineered the geometry built into the Great Pyramid to produce the Perfected Mountain Bikes were are now riding. This was the intended purpose for which it's far-sighted builders had left it behind.

6. Old&InTheWay

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    ShadowgreenCavern.png

mike likes this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    ohhhhhh kaaaaayyyyy... :confused: :cautious:

You been hangin' out with Tom DeLonge a bit?

8. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Anything with bacon in it can't be all bad.

9. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I've always been more interested in the books that were left out.

And this thread is duplicative...we already have a "Derailed Thread."

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  10. Old&InTheWay

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    Recently an astute and scholarly mined organization of Southern California mountain bikers, distinguished by their popular website, have stirred up quite a buzz with information becoming available concerning a discovery they have made. As the story goes, some of their members were doing trail work on the uppermost segment of a secret singletrack trail when it occurred. This segment had previously been unknown until, during an intense and lengthy storm, a bolt of lightning struck and rolled away a large boulder which had been blocking access. While engaged in the trail work they found a cave and in the cave they discovered a Scroll.
    The scroll has not yet been made available for public viewing, and they remain tight lipped with the details. Swift with the wrench and wheels, as they are known to be,the casual viewer is most likely unaware of their mastery of the arcane mysteries of antiquity. However there are a number of overly obsessive and compulsive individuals who scan the charming and enticing website (can you blame them ?), the self -proclaimed axis mundi of Southern California mountain biking, multiple times a day. Thus it has been detected that the most avid riders/posters, the inner core of the group, the intelligentsia, have taken up the practice of incorporating Baconian-styled methods of encryption into their website postings
    Outrageous? Do not underestimate their cleverness. As an example, let us lift an actual factual posting from the website. "Blackstar early evening ride next Thursday. Rides are social. Hammerheads though always like keeping in nother gait. Frequently overachieving riding upto Motorway Singletrack. If we take the first letter in each word of the statement and string them together it yields = Beer n Trash Talking Forums. Judge for yourself.
    That is one of their simpler tricks, including embedded imagery. Even the most innocuous passage may be part of a riddle to be solved by one who has the keys. A computer generated algorithm has been developed to harvest some of their Deep Secrets!!! The recovered translation of the Scroll's title is Tale of the Wind.

Mikie, MrGreedom and Faust29 like this.
  11. Old&InTheWay

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    Is riding a bike up a mountain analogous with Ezekiel's Chariot? In Ezekiel's vision he beholds a firey chariot with 4 wheels, also called beasts. It has wings, carries a throne and ascends up into the heavens. Traditionally the 4 beasts represent the fourfold human personality. This symbolism is also used in in the Book of Revelation. The first beast is the lion which is the physical body. The second is the lamb which is the vitality of the body. The third is a human face which is the emotions. The fourth is an eagle which is the mind. The refinement of the personality is called called the lesser work.
    This symbolism can so easily be transposed to ma mountain bike that it wouldn't be hard to believe that the mountain bike was the original inspiration. The first beast/wheel is the crankset which is the physical body . It is closely linked to the cassette which is the vitality of the body. These are directly connected to the rear wheel, the emotions that push in the vehicle along. Of course the front wheel is the mind which controls the direction the bike will go to. A mountain is the standard symbol of contemplation. In Hebrew and Greek the same word means spirit and wind, ruach and pneuma. Pneuma literally means that which blows or is blown. Trail is an anagram of trial. The scale is a symbol of justice. It implies weighing or measuring. To measure is to know. So the mountain bike trail is a type of trial whereby one measures and gets to know thyself. This axiom of mountain bike climbing is also the gist of all the apocalyptic texts. They consistently use the trumpet, a wind instrument, to announce and enact positive changes assisting ascension on the path to perfection.
    Having established the principle of the Trail Winds, let us return to the metaphorical chariot/mountain bike to consider the three primary winds. The mountain bike"s handlebars correspond to chariot's wings. The wings represent man's higher faculties, the spiritual senses by which the bike is properly steered. On top of the handle bars are two instruments, the bell and the lamp. They represent two of the primary winds which are the driving power of the wings. The bell has always been a symbol of wisdom, or The Wisdom. It is a stream of love that springs from the heart, washing away all the impurities. It's melodious resonance is up lifting. It, properly termed she, has been likened to a blossom ng flower whose blissful fragrance is sweeter than anything on earth, transforming the wild beast into servants of the greater work. The lamp, with it's illuminating radiance, is the Knowledge of Truth. It's rays are like arrows that slay the demons of and break the chains of unknowing. Finally the saddle which represents the Soul. The Soul is the Throne on which the indwelling Spirit of Pure Love is seated. It unites the two witnesses and is one with all. The true wealth, it is unlimited. It balances, It renews, It heals and it harmonizes.
    For confirmation look at the reverse side of the USA one dollar bill., which shows the Great Seal. On one side is the Eagle holding the symbols of peace and strength. On the other is the Great Pyramid, it's four sides representing the fourfold personality made straight like a mountain. On top are the three principles of Wisdom, Knowledge and Love. This is the restored Capstone and that is the Great Work.
    On the practical level, it's reasonable to say that a person could return from a mountain bike ride emotionally and mentally refreshed, healthier, balanced with a better perspective, even harmonized and filled with goodwill for all.
    As the final proof that the Radiant Spirit of Love is blowing like a wind on the trails we frequent, look at recently posted group photos (any size) and see if you can find anything else therein.

Mikie, MrGreedom and Faust29 like this.
  12. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Wow, this is deep.

I think I smell a skunk.

Mikie and Luis like this.
  13. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I think one of the Steves needs to ride with more people!

Mikie, mtnbikej, mike and 2 others like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    "Scratching head" emoji....

Or this: o_O

Mikie, mike and Luis like this.
  15. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Did Verdugoist move to Orange County?

Mikie, herzalot, mike and 3 others like this.
  16. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Possibly in a U-Boat?
    "Mannschaften aus Brabant und Flandern zurückgezogen und selbst die Belagerung I-Ieusdens durch Mansfeld aufgegeben werden; nur Verdugo ist noch in ..."

Mikie, mike, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  17. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Perhaps @Mikie should add a philosophy page to the website? :eek:

Mikie, mike, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  18. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I think these posts are the linguistic equivalent of some of the rides O&ITW has done: Long, arduous, circuitous, with a touch of hopelessness and dread, and making one wonder: why? Maybe they're actually ride reports in metaphysical clothing.

MattB, Mikie, herzalot and 7 others like this.
  19. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Don’t get ahead of your self RWS :cautious:

Mikie, herzalot, mike and 6 others like this.
  20. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'm waiting for a repost of "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..."

Mikie, herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  21. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I
    read
    one
    word....

Mikie, mike, OTHRider and 5 others like this.
  22. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Should have taken your advice.

Mikie, mike, MolarM and 3 others like this.
  23. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Mikie, mike, HBkites and 3 others like this.
  24. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    @verdugist was never that eloquent.

Mikie, mike and Cyclotourist like this.
  25. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    @Old&InTheWay will have to pass the mountain lion test to convince me!

41XKFqJqT4L._SX355_.jpg

Mikie, herzalot, mike and 5 others like this.
  26. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mikie, mike and Cyclotourist like this.
  27. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    InTheWay is writing the mtb version of Wagner’s The Ring

Mikie, herzalot and mike like this.
  28. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Im anxiously waiting for volume 2 of The Tale of the Wind. I cannot believe how fast he figured out our secrets.

Mikie, Danimal, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  29. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Old n in the way..welcolm to this forum..
    Ur words r long n strange but we welcolm all..
    Thanks for ur different perspective...
    Lets ride!
    Fully loop callin....

Mikie, mike, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  30. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Your haiku is way off

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?