CBD Recommendation

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Cyclotourist, Dec 8, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    This is what I wrote in another thread. I though it deserved it's own topic:

I'm a believer!

CBDs have knocked out the life-long chronic headaches my wife gets by at least 70%. She takes around 5mg every four hours. For a real bad one, usually triggered by muscle strain in her back/neck she adds on about 3mg THC. CBDs knock down the inflammation & headaches, but THC deals with muscular pain. She doesn't use recreationally, and these relatively low doses work well without any psychoactive effects. In fact she hates the smell and taste tremendously. CBDs mostly work for me when I get a headache, but I get them much more rarely so don't have a ton of feedback on it's efficacy. It doesn't really get rid of the pain, and I know it's still there in the background, but it just doesn't bother me. We both consider this stuff voodoo magic, and are continually amazed at how well it works.

For pure CBD, we've found that Kushy Punch CBD is good: https://kushycbd.com/ We buy the squares and cut off what we need. If the low dose of 5mg doesn't do anything, double to 10, then 20. You can buy it at pretty much any dispensary, and pure CBD products are available mail-order as it is not a controlled substance. If you need higher doses, they have the softgels.

If you want to try adding some THC to it, count your blessings you live in CA and consider the Care By Design oils: https://www.cbd.org/products
    I had to experiment a bit to find the right ratios for us, and their different formulas work great for that. I now make my own 20:1 oil, and it is much less expensive. But you kind of need to put the time and money out and see what works. We went through several different oils before settling on Care By's, and then it was figuring out the ratios.

If you're in OC, People's in Santana has it all, and good prices: https://peoplesorangecounty.com/menu/

FYI, we just just purchased some of CBD's 1:1 topical that seems to work amazingly on muscle pain:
    https://www.cbd.org/products/creams/1-1-cream Very pricey, but hey, if it works...

H2oChick, mike, OTHRider and 7 others like this.
  2. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    My boss uses Floyd's of Leadville CBD oil and swears by it. It's pricey though.

3. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Once you figure out what works for you, making your own is pretty easy. I use an Instapot!

4. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    I have some topical CBd/thc and it works wonders on muscles and joints. Seems to work better than the pure cbd topical. It was a gift from my father in law. Him and all his guys (electricians) swear by it for any aches and pains they get!

5. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    So far we're batting 1,000 with the 1:1 topical.

6. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Thanks for the links!
    I have used CBD gummies for lower back stiffness and muscle relaxation. Very good pain relief without feeling zonked.
    The topical I tried didn't seem to do much but I'll try again.

7. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Good thread @Cyclotourist ! I’m all for finding alternatives to prescription drugs, the side effects are scary:eek:

8. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Small sample size, but the CBD topical I've tried doesn't really do anything for me. The CBD:THC topical does (it's way more expensive though). I'd get you the name, but it's out on loan (I just went looking for it for some neck pain).

9. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    ....and nobody knows the potential side effects or potential addiction issues of CBD either.

10. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
  11. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    We’re talking about a plant extract that’s helpful for all sorts of ailments from anxiety, headaches and arthritis to cancer pain management. But to each his own...no ones pushing here:thumbsup:

12. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I’ve never jonesed for a dose of CBD oil before. :Roflmao:rolleyes:

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO

14. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Oh yeah @UPSed! Let's rock!

15. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Just applied some Emu Gold CBD oil to my hand where I got stung by a bee yesterday. Itching and pain went away in a few minutes.

73AD090C-5D56-4046-9598-BD1B9E198AE5.jpeg

16. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    When I haven't ridden in a few days, my knees start talking to me. Soon they're singing if I don't loosen them up with a ride. If I can't ride, I will use some 1:1 and it has always provided wonderful relief.

17. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    That is what Tailwind is for. Mix it into a paste and apply. :whistling:

jaime, Danimal, Mikie and 9 others like this.
  18. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Anecdote is not the singular of data and all, but here you go: My left forearm was really hurting form this afternoon's ride. I might have a virus, and so am just generally sore. Anyway, I wanted to try some CBD/THC oil to see if it would help. If not, I would take a Naproxen and be done with it. I took about 6mgCBD/1.5mgTHC sublingual oil, and literally could feel the pain stop in about 30 seconds. Like a switch was flipped. My arm is still generally sore and I don't feel great (still kinda' sick), but the acute pain in my forearm is totally gone.

YMMV

19. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Whoa, very cool! But don’t get sick! Zinc, echinacea, raw garlic, real food grade vit C!

20. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Ya’ll a bunch of stoners!

21. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    The shop is going to be carrying cbd products from a company called Resilience, in the meantime we have a handful of samples around.
    I have used it on a stiff neck, from sleeping at a weird angle- it worked well.
    I have been putting it on my knees after longer runs, in a recovery fashion/anti inflammation way and it does seem to sooth them. Can't decide if any better than a icey hot type of thing.
    I have used the dropper under the tongue, really just to see what happened.
    My body felt relaxed while the mind still felt sharp.
    Overall a positive experience, I admit its expensive stuff.
    Everything I tried was full spectrum.

22. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Coffee and alcohol, check. When do we see a bike shop with a recreational cannabis cafe? Putting my money on Trail House Santa Rosa, at the gateway of the Emerald Triangle. Saturation always emanates from the bay area... :geek:

23. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Emanations from the bay area....:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

mountaingirl sara, mike and rossage like this.
  24. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    My suggestion to the bike shop owner was met with a silent stare. I think he likes it!

I still think a THC/CBD/caffeine infused gel would be a big seller. I'd call it Headwind...

25. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Lobbying hope! :thumbsup:

But I think that Headwind™ nomenclature had been snagged by another product – cheap beers the night before. :sick::cry: Anyway, my gosh, that cocktail you describe sounds like some straight up rock-it fuel to me. I'm sure I'd get into some trouble with it. So make some. :D

26. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Yeah I'm gonna need some unpaid, test-mules... I'm also thinking about a de-caffeinated version with psylocybin instead... :thumbsup: for night rides! Ha!

27. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
  28. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Now we're inno-vaytin – like!

Tailspinned™ – Costs a little more, but comes with a signaling mirror, space blanket, PLB and a R. Crumb comic book.

29. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Well, I’ll be waiting for the ride report when you partake of that special “rocket fuel”!
    :laugh:

30. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Spaced-X ready for launch!

doublewide, mtnbikej and Voodoo Tom like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?