Bucket List!

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by hill^billy, Dec 11, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Yah I’m pretty excited about this one!
    The family is heading out to Vegas after New Years Eve and going to see some shows, but the highlight of our trip will be that I will be hitting Speed Vegas with my two sons. I gotta figure this will sufficiently feed my adrenaline addiction. I’ve been fantasizing behind the wheel all week this week, sinking into the seat of an exotic, buckling up, and pushing the button to hear the precision high pitch purr of all that horse power! And then unleashing it to which I am sure will be to my complete astonishment! This will be a HOLLY Sh!t moment!
    This was not my idea, it was my sons best friend who brought it up. I looked at my son and he looked at me with doubt in his eye when I said why not? Needless to say my 23 year old was pretty taken back to say the least. And my youngest 21 year old who was not present was a hell yah! We only live once.
    I think I know what to expect but maybe I don’t know what to expect? Has anyone else on here ever done this? And how awesome or not is it. I can’t see how this could not be worth the money?

2. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Probably in Feb for me. Have fun H.B

3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Had to look up Speed Vegas first. Heck yeah that’s gonna be fun. Sharing the experience with the boys should be a memory to last a lifetime. Drive that sh!t like you stole it. I’ve got some friends that did the Richard Petty nascar driving experience thing in Vegas with family and they totally dug it and said it’s way more difficult than it looks.

-ROCKY-, Faust29, UPSed and 4 others like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I haven't. I want to every time I drive by it.:thumbsup:

5. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    That looks like a blast. I did a watered down version of something like that several years ago. Wife got me 3 laps around an autocross course in a Ferrari F430 as a birthday gift. Being autocross it was pretty tight, so barely even got into third gear - topped out at like 80mph. But getting to wind out a car like that, even in just a couple gears, was mind bending. Getting to fully track one is next level. Bucket list for sure. Enjoy, and post pics!

6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

@Voodoo Tom > You’re right about my kiddo’s will have an unforgettable cool time with there dad that we will always cherish and not forget! :)

7. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    If you have never been on a racetrack, it is an eye opening experience that you can't even fully understand without several repeat trips. Honestly, and vehicle on a track is amazing, and will totally ruin trying to drive fast on public roads (if you do it right).

If you have a driver coach with you (I assume you will), listen to them like they are a god and do exactly what they say and have a blast!

One of these days, I'll get back on track again.

-ROCKY-, Faust29, hill^billy and 4 others like this.
  8. OTHRider

OTHRider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Duke
    Current Bike:
    '18 Salsa Cutthroat
    15+ years ago, I received a 10 lap gift at the Fontana track for something like the Petty NASCAR experience (different name back then). Some chalk talk, got in the driving suits, met your co-driver and off we went. Regulated to 150mph and it was way too easy to hit the limiter on the straights. We ran two 5-lap stints. It was unbelievable how much traction those cars have. One of the best things I've ever done. Now, getting back on the 10 Fwy after the laps is really weird. They warn you before leaving that 85mph in your truck will now feel like 30 and they weren't kidding.

It was so much fun, that I went back about 3 months later for the second level - more laps and more action. This was way better. You REALLY had to listen to your spotter. Guys were coming on track only going 90 and you were diving into turn 1 at 130. About the 4th lap, I got the OK to lift at the last marker into turn 1 (track was clear), but just barely lift. That car turned even better at the faster speed and I got to appreciate the feeling of floating up the lines to the wall on the exit of turn 2.

I guess you know I LOVED it. Have fun, enjoy the speed....and don't be the guy to visit the gravel.

-ROCKY-, Faust29, Stkx66 and 9 others like this.
  9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    This sounds awesome!

My wife bought me a "War Birds" experience for my birthday (about 20 years ago). I had ground school for two hours, got into a jumpsuit, put on a helmet and parachute and into the front seat of a two seater, single prop WWII plane. Up we went and shortly after takeoff "Your airplane." "Roger that. My airplane." I got to do vertical stalls, dives, turns and barrel rolls. They would let me attempt more complicated maneuvers if I wanted to try, but I just asked the real pilot to "demonstrate." Split S, Loops, Crazy 8s, all kinds of upside down stuff. Finally had enough . We opened the canopy, got some fresh air and headed back to Centennial airport. I got to bring it in and line it up, then the pilot took it to the ground from there. Full disclosure: The pilot controlled the rudder and prop speed the entire time. All I controlled was the stick.

An amazing experience. I hope yours is just as memorable, @hill^billy!

10. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Very cool to here other peoples experiences with temporary insanity! I was talking with a friend of mine today and it turns out he used to race and had his hand in building cars. He said that most people immediately what to drive the Lambo’s or Ferrari’s,
    Lamborghini’s are fast in a strait line but don’t handle corners well, a Ferrari corners better than a Lambo, his advice was to drive the Porche 911 which kicks ass for the total driving experience! Sounds good to me.

-ROCKY-, Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  11. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Worth every penny!!!!!

D8BA5519-703B-4C3C-9DD7-FB584D7A11FD.jpeg

C7692A1F-985D-4D05-B603-3CB9E68050F3.jpeg

7D03B2F7-2CAF-4D68-AC1F-052141741601.jpeg

F2004572-0027-4B9A-A819-B12532E6B034.jpeg

-ROCKY-, Stkx66, Danimal and 13 others like this.
  12. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Awesome... Not sure how I missed this thread when you first posted it. When my wife worked at the Wide World of Sports, she surprised me with the Richard Petty experience at the Disney track- which doesn't exist anymore. Doing it with your kids? That's the next level... :thumbsup:

Cool stuff!

hill^billy, -ROCKY-, Stkx66 and 6 others like this.
  13. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    @hill^billy looks like Dale Earnhardt in that open face helmet with his shades and sh!t eating grin...:thumbsup:

14. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    I was thinking the same thing. The Intimidator lives!

15. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Lookin hot hillbilly!

hill^billy, -ROCKY- and DangerDirtyD like this.
  16. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    This is why you downhillers are so damn fast. Probably feels like nothing to be on a bike going 30-40 after you've been in a car going 150 :)

hill^billy and -ROCKY- like this.
  17. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky

Too funny!!! :laugh:

hill^billy and Voodoo Tom like this.
  18. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

The Porsche Cayman I drove was the entry level (not street legal) race car, with a top speed of 169 mph, I pushed it to 162 mph. No doubt the car was fast, but I thought the car was a little lazy probably compared to the Ferrari’s and Lambos. I had no sleep for three solid nights with a relentless cough, I just was not as into it as I would have been if I were fresh. I was drained after seven laps due to the killer adrenaline rush! After warming the slicks to 180* the car stuck like glue around the corners! Next time, and there will be a next time, I will drive a different one of the 6 GT cars they have to offer.
    My oldest son drove a Lamborghini Gallardo with a top speed of 202 mph, he hit a top speed of 172 mph! Not bad for a 23 year old’s first time.
    I was thinking a trip to Vegas for 3 days for some mountain biking, and some high speed laps on the track would be an ultimate type o trip! Yes?
    BTW Dream Racing is a top notch experience, I highly recommend it if your gig is to have fun! For $75 you can take home a vid of your drive, with a veiw out the window, and a veiw of yours truely having all the fun!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?