Back to back Epic Ride before End of 2019

Discussion in 'Videos' started by deocguy, Dec 7, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. deocguy

deocguy Member

Name:
    JB
    Current Bike:
    Specialized
    Just a thought of sharing FUN to all fellow mountain bikers here. We did back to back Epic ride at SART and Palm Canyon, both with snow on the trail makes the trail looks even better. So beautiful and so much different.

One of our friend had crash, fell off to the side of the cliff at SART where there's a red mark tree trunk (you know where it is). We stopped the bleeding, unfortunately he wasn't able to continue the ride and turned around back to urgent care. The wound required 7 stitches. All ok now, he's ready to ride again soon. SART was 25 miles of awesome trail!

SART

We had 23 riders signed up for this ride via Crazy Bear Bikes shuttle. We did this ride as an annual ride. It's better to ride Palm Canyon trail in cooler weather. This month, November through April is perfect to go there. I did this ride as my goal to ride 4 Epic Trail before the end of 2019. As of now PCE is in great conditions. We had three days of rain that enough to make all loose dirt there became so nice and tacky. All we can say It's Hero Dirt! The trail is in good conditions, the weather is perfect, we had snow, no more torn "blood sucking" bushes - Thanks CBB for doing trail maintenance, hero dirt on Sandwash trail. 30 miles of Pure Epicness. Go out there now and ride it, people!

Palm Canyon Epic

Do you have any idea where to ride for my #4 Epic ride? I'm open with suggestions.

Well, I hope you enjoy watching the video. :)

2. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Great vids, thanks!!

Mikie, mountaingirl sara and mike like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Such a worthy idea, @deocguy!

PCE and SART set the bar pretty high. The ride I did on South Mountain yesterday, Coast to Coast to Coast, would hit that aesthetic level, but no way to avoid uphill riding on it. A tougher day than either of the aforementioned. Truly epic IMO, but a little drive from OC.

A chunk of the AZT could be beautiful now. Picketpost section or farther south below Tucson.

Closer to home, I’d look at Death Valley NP. I don’t know it but some guys here have spent time there. It looks massive and perfect for winter.

I’m sure the usual suspects here will have more local ideas.

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Sweet!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?