2019 Kokopelli Epic Adventure

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Mikie, Jun 15, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 05-09-19, 05-10-19, 05-11-19, 05-12-19
  1. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Same number? or did she change it?

-ROCKY-, Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I got it, I got it. I got the number off the wall...

-ROCKY-, HBkites and mtnbikej like this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    But I had her first! :p

-ROCKY-, HBkites and Mikie like this.
  4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    As much as she got around, what else did you get? :eek:

-ROCKY- and Mikie like this.
  5. HBkites

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Don’t forget to pack your rain jacket.....

mtnbikej and Mikie like this.
  6. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Okay! Meet and Shuttle Talk!
    It is a 1 hour and 18 Minutes drive time from the below location in Moab to the meet point off Mack Road just outside of Fruita Colorado. The law enforcement on that section of highway is NOTHING to mess with.
    The below pic is of the parking lot across the street from Moab RV Park which is the final stop of our Epic ride.

It would be a perfect place to park and ride the shuttle from Moab to Mack Road (aka Old US 50) just outside Fruita Colorado. The only hiccup is, I do not know if they allow overnight parking there. However, I DO know that the Moab RV Park across the street is very kind to the Bikerpelli folks and you most likely will be able to arrange to park your vehicle in their overflow for the RV Park.
    I suggest we meet at the 1770 North Highway 191 parking lot location no matter what, to load up transport vehicles for the trip to the Kokopelli trailhead.

There is a mandatory 8:30am Rider's meeting and Alex promises we will be on the trail by 9:00am. We have waivers to sign, emergency contact info to give, blah blah blah... and there is good info at the meeting so it is a must. Plus it will be a great time to give Alex a lot of Sh!t as the imtbtrails Hooligans. Harassment is required and encouraged.

I recommend we set a goal of being there at approximately 8:00am to protect us from unseen road conditions and to make sure we have everyone, and their gear, and get signed in and all. I would like to head out with the first wave as I have learned my lesson last time that if we don't, you have that much more traffic in front of you when we get to the techy sections which there is miles of.

So I suggest we meet at the below parking lot at 6:30 am SHARP, and be on the road no later then 7:00am. Do you Hooligans think you can manage that? :whistling:
    Side Note: It would be really swell if you brought 25 bucks cash for Mrs. imtbtrails as a shuttle fee. It gives her some fun money for the days she is sitting in Moab waiting for us to get back, and yes, I got to pay her as well...
    :rolleyes:
    upload_2019-5-2_7-4-28.png

Old Skool, Stkx66, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  7. Old Skool

Old Skool Member

Hacienda Hgts. (Turnbull Cyn. is in my backyard!)
    Name:
    Rick
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 5.7 C
    To all, I have been struggling w/ an acute case of bronchitis for the past 2-3 weeks, and as of last week (after talking to Alex & Mikie) I was still determined to try and make a go of the ride, did a medium range RR on Saturday to get some saddle time in and relapsed even worse on Sunday. I am now being treated with pneumonia strength antibiotics & steroids (yuchh! :gag:) and the Dr's stern warning to NOT do this ride. I am officially out and already spoke to Alex about it. I am extremely bummed out as I was so looking forward to riding with you all and having some beers with and meeting some new friends. I am determined to bag this ride in 2020 and hope we can get another crew going next year. Hope you all have a great and safe adventure, and give a toast to me at one of the evening dinners! :cry::cry::cry:

8. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :eek:< NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!

9. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Very sorry to hear this @Old Skool ...:thumbsdown: While I do understand trying to push thru it you’re making the smart choice in taking care of yourself. The trail will still be there next year. Hope you get to feeling better soon my friend.

10. HBkites

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Unlike!

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    There's "pushing through", and there's knowing when to heed the doctor's advice. This sounds like the latter.

Next year... :thumbsup:

herzalot, Old Skool, UPSed and 6 others like this.
  12. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    More snow in Moab overnight. I saw these on the moabtrailmix IG page. Top of Kokopelli and bottom of Hazard County.

45420512-E8B6-436D-94A3-E5AE2D6FAD84.jpeg

47CB8048-6DA2-4C1F-9AEB-CF7F897AFA52.jpeg

13. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    That meet up plan sounds solid.

Old Skool, Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  14. HBkites

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    No dust. Hero dirt in 8 days!

Luis, Tom the Bomb, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  15. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Wow major Bummer! You lose all your dough? Can some one take your spot?

Old Skool, Mikie and HBkites like this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Final cancel date - You may cancel anytime by March 15 for a full refund minus a $40 processing fee. After that follow the schedule below. Trip spots are not transferable to other riders or events.
    • March 15 or sooner - full refund less $40 transaction fee
    • March 16 to April 5 - 50% credit towards next year
    • April 6 to April 19 - 30% credit towards next year
    • April 20 or later - 20% credit towards next year
    "I just broke every bone in my body, can my buddy take my place on the ride?"

Nope, sorry. You may cancel your registration anytime before the cancel deadline for a small fee. After that you're committed.

The reason we can't bring your buddy in your place is complex but it boils down to risk management. Most folks would jump at a last-minute paid trip in the desert even if they aren't prepared for it. And while we're flattered, that person can pose serious safety concerns to themselves & the group. Would you really want to be out there with sloppy risk management?

You're welcome to call & ask if your pro-racer-buddy can take your place since she's the strongest cyclist on the planet & can finish the trail blindfolded with pneumonia and a hangover. The answer will still be no. Sorry, it's policy.

If you have any doubts please cancel before the deadline, after that we're married.

17. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    That sucks. Get healthy!

Old Skool, Tom the Bomb and Mikie like this.
  18. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Damn. Sorry to hear that @Old Skool :(

I’ll be at the meet up spot in Moab as well. My wife will be driving me to the ride start Thursday morning. I can serve as overflow shuttle if anyone wants to leave their vehicle in Moab. :thumbsup:

19. HBkites

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:

Not that it will make much sense now (after calling them), but I doubt that they check ID's when we check in.

20. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    minor_with_fake_id.jpg
    not-sure-fake-id_o_2207847.jpg

21. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    My wife and I are leaving Monday for Fruita. We'll be at the La Quinta for 1 night only. She will drive to Moab and wait. Not having tent camped in 10 + years I’m trying to think of all the little things that I may be missing but I think I’m in good shape. My wife keeps telling me to give the tent a try in our backyard. I said only if you join me. She gave me a firm “ no”

herzalot, HBkites, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  22. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'll see your 10 years, and raise you another 20. :p

23. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I've done the tent camping thing it 4-5 times in the last 10 years. Sometimes it's worth it like up on Gooseberry Mesa or the on the edge of the Grand Canyon to ride theRainbow Rim. On our McKenzie River tour, it rained or drizzled every night for 3 days but it was still great because I had a decent tent....what sucked, even with a very good tent was the wind storm on Gooseberry Mesa. I woke up with me eyes and lips sealed shut from sand/grit so fine that I guess it gets through the seams of the tent or something? That's why I need a Sprinter or similar set-up. If my wife rode, I would have bought one long ago but I can log a whole lotta nights in condos for the cost of a decked out Sprinter.

24. Old Skool

Old Skool Member

Hacienda Hgts. (Turnbull Cyn. is in my backyard!)
    Name:
    Rick
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 5.7 C
    What he said @Tom the Bomb :thumbsup:

Old&InTheWay, Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  25. HBkites

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    So yesterday I continued my 8 months preparation for the BCBR, and decided to race the Expert class at the OC MTB race in limestone canyon.
    The first five miles where uneventful (brutal climb miles 3-5). We finally started descending and I want into an attack mode (a mistake). I was over taking a rider on a two lane decent. We hit a sandy spot and the other guy switched over to my lane while I was over taking him. We got tangled up and we both crashed spectacularly. I ended up on top of him (sucks for him).

After a minute or two we got untangled (with the help of other riders). I was contemplating resuming the race, but I found out that I broke my hanger (later on a found a crack on the seatstay).

That hanger was supposed to be my backup hanger for Kokopelli...... Tomorrow I’ll start shopping for a replacement.

physically I’m not in great shape, but I should be able to ride on Thursday. I got a big bruise on my hip, and I’m sure the HAB on day one would be painful.

So if anyone has a hanger for a 2018 Scott Spark let me know.

26. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Can you knuckleheads knock this Sh!t off before Koko? :rolleyes::p

27. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Did somebody say Koko...???
    IMG_9125.jpg

Danimal, kingaucho, ricke24 and 7 others like this.
  28. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    All y'all (plural of y'all) have a great time out there and don't give us mishaps, m'kay?

ricke24, Voodoo Tom, Stkx66 and 5 others like this.
  29. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Bummer dude. Sounds like a smart choice however. Healing vibes to you, good sir!

Voodoo Tom, Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  30. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Yikes... sorry to hear. I hope you can make it work.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?